XPEnology Community

Help needed to migrate DSM on ASRock Q1900B-ITX from 6.0.2 to 6.?.?

ldr78

Hello

I've looked up my xpenology box and found that I've not maintained it since a long time.

I've opened the specific thread for Q1900B motherboard and discovered it is closed since a very long time too. 

It was very long, so it's not a bad thing, but now I'm a litlle lost.

This is my configuration

MotherBoard : AsRock Q1900B-ITX

Network Card : integrated

HD : 4 x Sata HD 1To

current DSM version : 6.0.2-8451 update 11

Model : DS3615xs

Usage : Web, Files, mySQL, docker

myNas is not physically connected to my TV so I don't need hardware transcoding

I would like to know

- If I can update it to 6.2.4 without any issue linked to my Network card or shall I go to 6.2.3 (or an older one ? )

- Will I need an extra.lmz file 

- Can I stay on DS3615xs or shall I move to another emulated hardware (918+)

And of course I will appreciate any advice on how doing all these steps

Thanks a lot for reading me

Laurent

@ldr78 DO NOT update to 6.2.4 as this version of DSM isn’t working for anyone. 6.2.3 with jun’s 1.03b loader should be ok but my advice would be to test it with a spare HDD. As you’re not wanting transcoding I’d stick with DS3615xs. I’m not sure what nic you board has so can’t say if you’ll need the extra .lmz file.

As Dfds said, but there are also several FAQ pages that will help you.

You will have to change the loader to 1.03b, DSM 6.2.3 and the DS3615xs platform is fine, although DS3617xs has a bit better hardware support and more cores supported.  Be sure to note the CSM/Legacy boot configuration requirement.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7857-how-to-update-juns-loader/?tab=comments#comment-75881

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

On 6/1/2021 at 11:17 PM, Settler11 said:

I've noticed your board and it has a Realtek nic. So does mine but I've been told that DSM 6.1.7-15284 Update 3 is the latest that it support. Not sure if that's still true though. 

Sorry for the delay, for my answer.

What you wrote is a little bit worrying.

I will buy a network card in case of. Any advice on a compatible network card (Gigabyte network card PCIe 2.0)