XPEnology Community

DS720+ with obsoleted expansion DX513 unit unable to update DSM

marky9074

Question

Firstly apologies for coming on here and asking a question that essentially will not benefit the xpenology community, but after much searching have not found any info to help me with my obsoleted hardware.

I replaced my old DS716+ with a DS720+ recently and migrated the volumes with no issue, pulling the latest DSM update no problem. Now though, I cannot install any DSM updates as the hardware check sees the DX513 expansion unit as obsolete and therefore 'not compatible'. As far as I am aware, the only difference between the DX513 & DX517 is the eSATA speed bump, and as I say - it is working fine with the DSM installed during the initial migration.

I have had a dig around the PAT file and on my system itself, and have not seen any reference to the expansion unit compatibility, so thought I would ask on here. Any help would be very much appreciated. I do not really want to buy a new DX517, as if device numbering is anything to go by a DX521 model should be out any time soon! Thanks in advance.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet