Incorrect mac address on NIC

Posted (edited)

Declared the actual mac address of my NIC in the grub cfg

Network card works as expected otherwise. But mac address in network matches neither my config, nor the address printed on the card. A reboot of the machine will result in a different, seemingly randomly assigned mac address.

Jun 1.4b
have the extended driver pack
918+
Intel i3-9100
DSM 6.2.3 update 3
Intel X540-T2

Network interfaces were enabled in synoinf.conf and all 4 show up fine (2x onboard, 2x nic) within DSM. It's just this randomly assigned mac address issue I can't figure out

Edited by SnowDrifter
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, sojab0on said:

Mac addresses should not change the are hard coded to the nic if the nic in dsm some how get a new mac then we need te check configs and bios/efi of the system

It's assigned a new one on every boot. Something funky.

swapped a drive to a larger one so it's in limbo to 3-4 days but once that's done I'll check back in. Any notes on what I would be checking for in the bios? Asrock rack board if that's pertinent

Edited by SnowDrifter
On 6/10/2021 at 10:16 PM, sojab0on said:

Mac addresses should not change the are hard coded to the nic if the nic in dsm some how get a new mac then we need te check configs and bios/efi of the system

Should be done later today then I can go digging. What all am I looking for?