XPEnology Community

works xpenology with ide controller

farodor

hi guys,

thanks for your great response!

i dont know what i want, i want a system for old harddrives ... and ide drives ...

know i must clarify to buy a pc with ide and sata support with xpenology,

that can be start und shutdown like the original synology ....

important for me is the start und shutdown technology ... it works in xpenology?

if not, i must buy a normal syno ... :/

Hi Trantor,

I feel that you need to also enable:

PATA_LEGACY

PATA_CMD640

PATA_VIA

PATA_WINBOND

PATA_SIL680

PATA_RDC

PATA_PDC2027X

PATA_MARVELL

PATA_JMICRON

PATA_CMD64X

I think that this include 99% of current systems. Or you can enable as a module all of current Linux-3.x PATA drivers.

TN

Hi Trantor,

I feel that you need to also enable:

PATA_LEGACY

PATA_CMD640

PATA_VIA

PATA_WINBOND

PATA_SIL680

PATA_RDC

PATA_PDC2027X

PATA_MARVELL

PATA_JMICRON

PATA_CMD64X

I think that this include 99% of current systems. Or you can enable as a module all of current Linux-3.x PATA drivers.

TN

Yes I agree. Schedule for v1.3 ^^

@Trantor: have you an answere of my question ?

-> can the xpenology shutdown completely (poweroff) via task and also going on to a specified time ? like the normaly synology?

Hi,

I feel that the answer is NO!

I explain: You can schedule by software a shutdown on a specific time. You can configure your BIOS to boot at specific time. But, you need to create a software that changes your bios values to set the new boot time. This is a hard work!

Workaround: Configure your XPEnology to Wake-On-Lan, and use your router (with OpenWRT or another custom distribution) to wakeup your XPEnology at specific time.

TN.

@Trantor: have you an answere of my question ?

-> can the xpenology shutdown completely (poweroff) via task and also going on to a specified time ? like the normaly synology?

Hi,

I feel that the answer is NO!

I explain: You can schedule by software a shutdown on a specific time. You can configure your BIOS to boot at specific time. But, you need to create a software that changes your bios values to set the new boot time. This is a hard work!

Workaround: Configure your XPEnology to Wake-On-Lan, and use your router (with OpenWRT or another custom distribution) to wakeup your XPEnology at specific time.

TN.

I just test it on my Zotac box, shutdown and start work but I loose BIOS config :???:

for shutdown you dont need a specified software :grin:

its a nativ function from synology and it works :grin:

for the power up, yes wake on lan is an option ... i have to check this ...

my router is a fritzbox 7270 ... i dont know how to shedule a wol on the fritzbox ... i think with the original firmware its not work ?