XPEnology Community

Temperature Monitoring

rickym

Question

I setup another Xpenology box with my old EX495. I upgraded the cpu from the stock e5200 to a Q8200s and I don't believe I have a over heating problem but would like to be able to check it. I am running the fans at 100%. Is there a simple way to check cpu temp in Xpenology. Give a girl some help. :)

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately not a simple answer that applies to everyone. It depends on the hardware you have and the platform you have picked (DS3615xs/DS3617xs/DS918+).

On my ASRock 4205-ITX baremetal I can see temperature per core.  Virtual servers don't show anything within the VM's.

Poke around /sys/class/hwmon, /sys/class/thermal, and /sys/devices/platform directory structures for files referencing temperature. 

Or, install lm-sensors or acpi may help.

• Thanks 1

I did notice that in control panel under system temp which says normal but it you hover over it a temp comes up. It is moving as initially it was 104f and it's been running for a while  and it's at 107 F but have no idea if that might be true.. The Q8200S draws the same amount of power should be fine but just wanted to be sure. Like having the quad core but in reality probably doesn't make much difference as I use it for my other computer backups.

I think I am still ok. thought about doing a quick install of whs v1 on a spare disk and seeing what temp it is showing but that's a lot of work and I have stressed it for a while and working great. Just hoping there was something. Thanks for the comments.

Just an update. I had nothing special to do this weekind so I installed whsv1 on a spare hd and temp running around 120 F while transferring large files so it looks like it's running at the same temp as when the E5200 was installed. Just thought I would update in case anyone else wanted to use the 8200s cpu.

• Like 1