XPEnology Community

NOT DETECTED LSI00182 - LSI SAS 3081E-R 3Gb/s SAS HBA

Lprawita

Anyone knows any RAID Controller/HBA which works with DSM 4.1?

I tried LSI00182 - LSI SAS 3081E-R 3Gb/s SAS HBA last night (3x 4TB Seagate connected) but unable to see any DISK under HDD Management :?:

I also bought LSI Logic Controller Card LSI00301 SAS 9207-8i 8Port Internal SAS/SATA 6Gb/s PCI Express this morning to try with DSM 4.1. (Obviously it hasn't arrived yet)

Please help.

The new RS10613+ from Synology has SAS controller ( also can get a SAS expander chassis to connect to it)

I suspect if you can find the kernel sources for that model, you would be able to see which SAS controller drivers/modules they use and start from there

I am also in the same boat and would like to make a MEGA Synology DSM based NAS. With a bunch of SAS controllers and hardware I have

The RS10613+ even has 10Gbe add in controller card available for it.

Anyone knows any RAID Controller/HBA which works with DSM 4.1?

I tried LSI00182 - LSI SAS 3081E-R 3Gb/s SAS HBA last night (3x 4TB Seagate connected) but unable to see any DISK under HDD Management :?:

I also bought LSI Logic Controller Card LSI00301 SAS 9207-8i 8Port Internal SAS/SATA 6Gb/s PCI Express this morning to try with DSM 4.1. (Obviously it hasn't arrived yet)

Please help.

Give a try with my repack, it include LSI SAS / RAID support viewtopic.php?f=2&t=937 :wink: