XPEnology Community

What to do when you can't update??

gcgspain

Question

I am currently an xpenology build on DSM Version: 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 and as I am reading on the forum, all the attempts to update to DSM Version: 6.2.4-25556 are failing. I haven't tried to update myself as similar builds seem to fail so what do I do now? Is there any other way to update or will there be any fixes published? How does it usually work in these cases? Is there any way to back up my current set up? Thanks for your help.

8 answers to this question

First welcome to the forum, second there is no need to upgrade to 6.2.4 as it doesn’t bring anything new & 6.2.3 is stable. Going forward it’s unlikely there will be any effort given to make 6.2.4 work given that Synology will be releasing DSM 7 later this year so it would make sense for jun or anyone else to concentrate on that.

• Like 4

On 4/23/2021 at 9:37 PM, ideasman69 said:

and hate to be that guy... but you really missed all these at the top of your browser?

image.thumb.png.a7f8d0bd800a18948b9bcab78a3a8c13.png

One thing to note is that you must be logged into the forum to see those at the top.