XPEnology Community

Enabling intel turbo boost?

SnowDrifter

Asrock Rack C246 WSI
Intel i3-9100
DSM 6.2-23739
Jun 1.4b - ds918+

Noticed via netdata that the CPU is running at stock clock of 3.6gHz, and not boosting to 4.2 under any conditions

Saw some threads regarding dynamic frequency scaling for power saving, but further user reports seem to indicate that they do nothing for enabling turbo.

From what I was able to determine it actually is boosting. You can tell by looking for it running at 3601 Mhz. That extra 1 indicated that turbo is active. Since that sounded like a load of BS to me I decided to run a benchmark. The benchmark came came with a value that I would have expected only with turbo active, thus I am now convinced that Turbo is actually kicking in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mervincm said:

From what I was able to determine it actually is boosting. You can tell by looking for it running at 3601 Mhz. That extra 1 indicated that turbo is active. Since that sounded like a load of BS to me I decided to run a benchmark. The benchmark came came with a value that I would have expected only with turbo active, thus I am now convinced that Turbo is actually kicking in.

You're absolutely right

Ran geekbench on it and numbers line up with it turboing as it should. And I'm fussing over nothing

Carry on :)

• Haha 1