XPEnology Community

Artificial limit on the max speed per a request/file

steven850

Hi everyone,

im running diskstation , on a 1gbps symmetrical fiber connection, in a data center.

At home and at work, I have a 100/12Mbs connection.

The problem I am running into is that there seems to be some sort of soft speed limit per connection or per user. When sending a share link to someone, there DL speed is capped at 1.8MBs. I have seen the same testing from work and home, all downloads from the diskstation are limited to 1.8Mbs. I see the same thing happening with cloud sync, if I have to sync a single file from the DS to my PC, its runs at 1.8MBs, if I sync 3 files, it runs at 5.4MBs. I have had clients report the same, they can top out their connection but only with multiple downloads from the diskstation.

Does anyone have any idea where this limit is coming from? and how it could possibly be removed to give each DL full speed? This is big problem when working with video files. when syncing a single video for example, at 4gb, it SHOULD run at 100Mbs or about 12MBs from the diskstation to my computer, but its crawling along at 1.8Mbs.

Anyone have any ideas here? I am familiar with linux, so changing settings in busybox itself is not a problem.

Thanks,

Steven

• 2 weeks later...