XPEnology Community

Plex installation

Hello thanks, I expressed myself a little hastily. So I installed Plex web from the package center, that works but I'm interested in the Plex media server so I downloaded the executable from the site to which the program refers you and installed it manually (always from the package center) but it doesn't work . I noticed that it creates a folder (Plex) I went to enable my account with logins but nothing

14 hours ago, PincoPalla said:

Hi everyone, I'm running DSM 6.2.3 on loader 104b (918+) in bare metal, I wanted to ask if anyone has installed Plex, I can't and I'm stuck by I don't know what. Thanks

I have installed plex in bare metal from the package center. Works great transcodes too.

Yes thanks. I finally managed to install Plex on Docker and everything seems to work correctly I just have to finish configuring it well because it doesn't "see" all the movies and music that are on the server. I also understood why the application install in the package center would not let me in; I typed in my domain and its port (32400) as I do for all the other applications I use, and it did not let me access, if I type the server ip the lan I enter as the version on docker. now since both work the question becomes, better (it consumes less resources) to run in docker or from normal installation ??? thanks

On 4/3/2021 at 10:31 PM, PincoPalla said:

So I installed Plex web from the package center, that works but I'm interested in the Plex media server so I downloaded the executable from the site to which the program refers you and installed it manually (always from the package center) but it doesn't work .

I'm not sure I follow you here?

In the package center, I only find Plex Media Server, 

image.thumb.png.0dfcffdf8c97a2b7f801fbf0903acf4c.png

but it is not as up-to-date as the version available from plex.tv, that must be manually installed.

image.thumb.png.7eef623ddc12207a072582a1f580d675.png

With a Plex-Pass you get PlexMediaServer-1.22.2.4282-a97b03fad-x86_64_DSM6.spk

and if you dont have it: PlexMediaServer-1.22.1.4275-48e10484b-x86_64_DSM6.spk

Both of them install, and runs as it is supposed to, but you must make sure the "Plex user" have correct rights to your files.

Hello yes in fact I downloaded it from Plex (the special version for synology) and installed it manually, but then I opted to install via Docker). Except that I have problems finding the folders where I have the movies, music, photos (there are 3 folders called Video, music and Photo on a single volume). I have to see why in the information found on the net (a Plex pdf manual cannot be found ... !!!!) it seems easy but it doesn't seem to me !!!! I don't know where I'm wrong

1 hour ago, PincoPalla said:

I have problems finding the folders

Your Plex container might not have the correct rights to read those folders, it's not really a "Plex" problem, but a user-rights problem, 

so a Plex .pdf manual would be of no real help ;-)

Done, I tried the manual installation from the package center (before I ran it via docker and I had probably misconfigured the installation, but on the other hand if I don't know and don't know how Plex works I couldn't know), now I see the folders and they are updating.Thank you

• Like 1