XPEnology Community

Cannot update past DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 2 (DS3615xs)

opticle

Installed on ESXI6.5 the DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 2  (DS3615xs)

Whenever i try to update manually from a pat file (synology_bromolow_3615xs.pat), I get returned that "The update you are applying is not compatible with this version of DSM.  Please get the compatible file and try again"

Also note using Jun's Bootloader 1.03b

Anyone have any ideas how to update?

On 4/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, opticle said:

synology_bromolow_3615xs.pat

the file name only shows its a update to a minor version, if you choose a wrong one (like from 6.2.2 or 6.2.3) it will not match

you can check with 7zip, open the *.pat fiel with it and check the "DSM-Security.json" file, there will be the dsm version the update file is made for

looks like this: (24922 is 6.2.2, 25426 is 6.2.3)

{
    "builddate": "2020/03/12",
    "dsmversion": 24922,
    "smallupdate": [

for updating you would install 6.2.3 (full *.pat file with 200-300MB)

https://global.download.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.2.3/25426/DSM_DS3615xs_25426.pat

and then update3 for that version

https://global.download.synology.com/download/DSM/criticalupdate/update_pack/25426-3/synology_bromolow_3615xs.pat

(6.2.4 is not working with the loader anymore so dont use it)

Edited by IG-88

6 hours ago, opticle said:

So once I grabbed DSM_DS3615xs_25426.pat everything updated as expected

you might also install the synoboot fix from above as the loader does not match 100% anymore with 6.2.3 (patching on boot) and misses a portion and the fix from flyride does take care of this

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have a big problem.

I have used the Junes loader for DSM 6.1.

last year its was possible to update to 6.2-23739. My nas runs perfect.

But a few days ago I haved a system failure. So I must reinstall the DSM with xpenology.

But why DSM6.1 again, when I can use the juneloader 1.03b for DSM 6.2.3-25426 for DSM3615xs.

And the 6.1 have not all features. to example I can't use the SHR as RAID type. The HyperBackup can't use a usb flash drive or external hard drive to save the backups.

But the problem is that I can't get the DSM file. The Link: https://global.download.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.2.3/25426/DSM_DS3615xs_25426.pat

is not working because the verion is to old.

When I used the 6.2.4 from the downloadpage, the assistent is trying to install the DSM but the I get the error message that the file is damaged with the errorcode 13.

So in the matrix I see that I the 6.2.3 is working.

Have somebody this version to upload the file here in the topic or can sent it to me per message or mail ?

thanks

48 minutes ago, cbacsro said:

Thank you so much.

The 6.2 is downloadable but when I try to download the 6.2.3 the downlod runs. but at 90 to 100 mb the download failed.

Maybe exist an other source to download ?

Edited by DerErkster