KVM don't have /dev/dri


Recommended Posts

Hi using a Lenovo M93p tiny.

Installing 918+ bare metal I get /dev/dri and plex transcoding hw works great.

 

Installing in the same maskin with debian 10 KVM

Installing 918+ works but unable to get plex hw transcoding.

Missing /dev/dri

 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joe1 said:

Hi using a Lenovo M93p tiny.

Installing 918+ bare metal I get /dev/dri and plex transcoding hw works great.

 

Installing in the same maskin with debian 10 KVM

Installing 918+ works but unable to get plex hw transcoding.

Missing /dev/dri

 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Manage to pass /dev/dri to KVM in plex shows hw but does not transcode. Just spinn. Must miss something in the KVM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 5:25 PM, Joe1 said:

Manage to pass /dev/dri to KVM in plex shows hw but does not transcode. Just spinn. Must miss something in the KVM.

I think I found the problem. Is the os i m using debian. 

Is i install plex direct it will not hw transcode.

Running xpenology bare metal works.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@bearcat Have test with 6 friends and transcoding different movies simultaneous 50%. Works well 

I will like to use it as a KVM. I manage to pass the pci card and it show in plex at transcodes but on the device it just spins

I think plex is using the wrong transcoder. Unfortunately I don't know where to look. Any suggestions?

Edited by Joe1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

@bearcat

Mine too .

Passing the Integrated graphic card.

Solve it another way. i m running Debian 10, using docker can pass the graphic card and have plex hw transcoding.

Edited by Joe1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Joe1 said:

the Integrated graphic card

 

Ahh, OK :-) The last one I spoke to in regards to his "little" M93p, had the SFF with a PCIe graphic card (1070?) added.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bearcat said:

 

Ahh, OK :-) The last one I spoke to in regards to his "little" M93p, had the SFF with a PCIe graphic card (1070?) added.

OK I have the Tiny, I don't think is possible to add a pci graphic card in the Tiny.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@bearcat

Sorry for the miss understanding , integrated graphic card :)

/dev/dri make me write pci my bad.

I have the M93p Tiny running Openmediavault docker and KVM it performs well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.