Recommended Posts

 I did major upgrade and changed loaders.  And  motherboard is an NVIDIA chipset  don't like like they are supported 

my SATA card is working but losing 4 Good SATA Onboard ports sucks could use some help here  @IG-88 or anyone who has solution for me would be appreciated

Thank you again for this great community in advance

 

Screenshot (7).png

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, Onknight said:

 on 6.2.3-25426   was running 6.1 with no  Issues with DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod

 

it not seeing Asus  Motherboard m3n78-vm SATA Ports ...

it dose is my SATA Card and all 3 3TB Drives

 

I like to be able to get onboard SATA Working again  That gives me 4 more Drives  other wise I have 1 drive left

 

the chipset might be mcp78 and thats supported in linux ahci driver that is part of dsm

any log like /var/log/dmesg ?

check the bios, maybe rest it to defaults and look for sata to be in ahci mode

i dont see much difference in ahci and kernel between 6.1 and 6.2, should work the same in both

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

 

 

the chipset might be mcp78 and thats supported in linux ahci driver that is part of dsm

any log like /var/log/dmesg ?

check the bios, maybe rest it to defaults and look for sata to be in ahci mode

i dont see much difference in ahci and kernel between 6.1 and 6.2, should work the same in both

 

I looked into Setting it old core 2 Dual  Motherboard m3n78-vm and looks like dose not have ACHI mode

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/(e3849)_m3n78-vm.pdf  Manual for the board @IG-88

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ig88 

Unfortunally desktop Intel chipsets ICH9 and less are not supporting AHCI mode.Only ICH10 and some ICH9 supports it (P35 chipset).
I not found the switching option for AHCI, so this  mb doesn't support AHCI.
so I am out luck unless you guys have any ideas 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Onknight said:

Unfortunally desktop Intel chipsets ICH9 and less are not supporting AHCI mode.Only ICH10 and some ICH9 supports it (P35 chipset).

where did you picked that up?

ich6 upward can do ahci according to my sources

https://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/SATA_hardware_features

 

11 hours ago, Onknight said:

I looked into Setting it old core 2 Dual  Motherboard m3n78-vm and looks like dose not have ACHI mode

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/(e3849)_m3n78-vm.pdf  Manual for the board

maybe you should really read it?

page 2-18

image.png.45c0ba29569fcb58e94a0e7040cab467.png

 

you could even search (text) for ahci in the pdf and find about 10 references to ahci

i'm not going to check any further, if you don't bother to do even search in a manual you referencing ...

good luck with your further efforts

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@ig88  Yes but I goofed the original motherboard model I give you is not the motherboard I actually have

When I went into the bios for my board I saw the correct model number

I then did a Google search and found the manual it does not the ability  ahci it was not included in the Bios

I even Flash the BIOS to the newest version

I search the Manual  Yes some board in PB5-VM   Series to have AHCI  but SE Model is not one ...

This is PB5-VM  SE motherboard unfortunately 

 

Manual.pdf

Edited by Onknight
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.