Recommended Posts

Hi everyone I wanted to make a new nas with a pc used a dual core soket 775 or an I3 socket 1155 with 4gb ram with two 2tb hd what kind of motherboard can i buy without spending too much thank you sorry for my English

775 is too old with sata low speed.
Get 1155 G2020 and H61 mainboard, this combo is very cheap to begin your project.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, robertodeguio said:

Matherboard P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 + CPU Processore Intel i3-3220 3,30...

as its a 3rd gent intel cpu you can't use 918+ (that would need 4th gen min.)

as its uefi bios and you will have to use loader 1.03b you need to enable CSM mode, restart once with csm active and then select the non-uefi usb boot device (there are usually 2x uefi usb and one without uefi in its name), check bios sata to be set to ahci, nic should be no problem, its the usual realtek

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/3/2021 at 22:41, IG-88 said:

poiché è una CPU Intel di terza generazione non è possibile utilizzare 918+ (che richiederebbe un minimo di quarta generazione)

come il suo bios uefi e dovrai usare il caricatore 1.03b devi abilitare la modalità CSM, riavviare una volta con csm attivo e quindi selezionare il dispositivo di avvio usb non uefi (di solito ci sono 2x uefi usb e uno senza uefi nel suo nome) , controlla che bios sata sia impostato su ahci, nic non dovrebbe essere un problema, è il solito realtek

Hi question how do I reproduce a vm equal to the I3 3220 picture that I bought to try ??? which loader I use and what settings should I set on the VM

 

thanks

Roberto

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, robertodeguio said:

Hi question how do I reproduce a vm equal to the I3 3220 picture that I bought to try ??? which loader I use and what settings should I set on the VM

sorry to much los in translation here, i cant get what you are on here

VM? we were talking about a normal baremetal install

also the loader you use defines the main dsm version you have to use and also the type of dsm (like 3615 or 3617)

i'd szggest using loader 1.03b for 3617 dsm 6.2.3

if you have problems with csm mode you can try loader 1.02b dsm 6.1, this can run legacy (csm) and uefi

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

 

you should read normal install thread about 6.1, its the same when doing a 6.2 install

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/

maybe look for a youtube video in you native language to get a better picture

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/3/2021 at 22:41, IG-88 said:

poiché è una CPU Intel di terza generazione non è possibile utilizzare 918+ (che richiederebbe un minimo di quarta generazione)

come il suo bios uefi e dovrai usare il caricatore 1.03b devi abilitare la modalità CSM, riavviare una volta con csm attivo e quindi selezionare il dispositivo di avvio usb non uefi (di solito ci sono 2x uefi usb e uno senza uefi nel suo nome) , controlla che bios sata sia impostato su ahci, nic non dovrebbe essere un problema, è il solito realtek

Hello I was able to install everything now I have this problem when I go to create a new volume I check this alert "connection failed check the network connection on all HD" I am attaching the file how I can solve this problem

thanks  

Roberto

errore.docx

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, robertodeguio said:

Hello I was able to install everything now I have this problem when I go to create a new volume I check this alert "connection failed check the network connection on all HD" I am attaching the file how I can solve this problem

no it say's "Connection failed. Check your network settings." there is no "on all HD", please be precise when handling error messages

i'd also suggest you switch the dsm wbe gui to english before making screenshots

 

what is odd in you picture is the the underlying windows that say's volume size 1GB

image.png.f992fcc2f4b3666606651b51483691dc.png

 

take a screenshot of "Overview" and "HDD/SSD" in the storage manager

also make clear if its baremetal or vm and what loader and dsm version you use now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello  Sorry  my english

everyone this and the summary of my new Nas

Components

 

Matherboard P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 + CPU Intel i3-3220 processor 3.30 ...

Ram 4 gb ddr 3

HD one 80GB plus two 500GB

Thermaltake Case: H15 (for purchase)

 

Software

Boott loader

XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1

DSM 5.2-5967

DSAssistant

And a pc plugged into your network to prepare usb and install OS DSM 5.2-5967.pat

 

My procedure if you want to try it

Bios setting

We have to set in the Sata configuratiion section we set ACHI

In the boot section we set the usb careful in the motherboards with bioe UFFI there are two usb select the partition no UFFI

Preparation of the usb

Software

Rufus

Open Rufus leave everything by default insert usb load the boot; XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1. iso

You will see a series of errors click on ok then the writing procedure starts once you have finished remove the usb and insert it into the pc that will become your Synology connect the pc to the network with the cable

 

Log on to the PC and the XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1 screen appears during startup

Be careful and fast with the arrows you move to the last section

Let everything load there will be errors written in red ignore everything until the message DisckStation appears at this point we go to the second pc connected in the network and install DSAssistant and start the program

And click on "SEARCH" once you have found your DisckStation follow the wizard to the point

Which asks you to install the DSM 5.2-5967 you have to install manually load the file DSM 5.2-5967.pat

At the end of the installation, the DSN restarts (a 10-minute countdown begins) if everything went well after two three minutes max the WELCOME screen opens at this point you are ready to set up your data and configure your Synology

I HAVE INSERTED A SMALL HD (80 GB) where all the DSM files are installed THEN I connected

The remaining HD 500 +500 and I created the volumes and shared folders

 

PS DO NOT UPDATE Synology to update follow the guides on the forum

 

https://xpenology.com/forum

 

 

Saluti da Roberto  alla prossima avventura 😀😀😀🚴‍♀️

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, robertodeguio said:

Which asks you to install the DSM 5.2-5967 you have to install manually load the file DSM 5.2-5967.pat

so you dint have the problem from above and can run (a older) dsm

 

11 hours ago, robertodeguio said:

I HAVE INSERTED A SMALL HD (80 GB) where all the DSM files are installed THEN I connected

The remaining HD 500 +500 and I created the volumes and shared folders

thats not how dsm work, disks get "initialized" before creating a data volume and that means the dsm system is copied to the disk

dsm system is a raid1 over all disks, its 2.4GB (system) and 2GB (swap) that is used on every disk before the data volume partiton is created

 

anyway, good luck with you new nas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.