XPEnology Community

Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me.

I previously had a working dsm6.1.7 DS3617xs on an Acer Veriton M460 that works fine, but I need more ram for VM, so I've done an upgrade.

I bought a motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT (rev 2.1) which has a south bridge Intel ICH7 and Gigabit LAN Atheros AR8151.

Here the problem began.

With a loader 1.02b dsm 6.1.7 it start and seem to be fine, but I can't find the nas on my network.

With a loader 1.03b dsm 6.2 it start and i can find nas on my network, but shows up no hard disk found.

This motherboard has also IDE ports, i don't know if this can be the cause of my problem.

Anyway I've tried to deactivate it, but the bios doesn't allow me to do that.

I' ve tried many times with different usb drive (I put correct vid, pid mac and serial on loader anytime).

Thanks in advance to anyone 

8 hours ago, KerryFagnex said:

With a loader 1.02b dsm 6.1.7 it start and seem to be fine, but I can't find the nas on my network.

thats supposed to work, jun's extra.lzma already has a driver for this nic, might be other reasons, if possible you can add nic, install that way and then check /var/log/dmesg for the atl1c driver (thats the one used for ar8151)

8 hours ago, KerryFagnex said:

With a loader 1.03b dsm 6.2 it start and i can find nas on my network, but shows up no hard disk found.

check the bios, sata need to be in ahci mode, you can also boot a live/rescue linux and check with "lspci -k" what drivers are used  if its "ata_piix" then its not in ahci mode

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I work on AR8151 to install NAS. motherboard is Z77M-D3H With 8151  16GB ddr3 Xeon E3 1230v2 with GTX650, LSI 2008 IT Mode. 6 sata 5GB and 2 SAS 6GB

With a loader 1.03b, 1.04b can't find NAS on network

Try to replace jun's extra.lzma, Same issue. USB load fine. 

I put correct vid, pid mac and serial on loader anytime.

Thank for your help.

Neo

On 8/20/2021 at 8:24 AM, topkings said:

Hello,

I work on AR8151 to install NAS. motherboard is Z77M-D3H With 8151  16GB ddr3 Xeon E3 1230v2 with GTX650, LSI 2008 IT Mode. 6 sata 5GB and 2 SAS 6GB

With a loader 1.03b, 1.04b can't find NAS on network

Try to replace jun's extra.lzma, Same issue. USB load fine. 

I put correct vid, pid mac and serial on loader anytime.

Thank for your help.

Neo

It works fine on dsm5.2