XPEnology Community

Conflict mac adress???

PincoPalla

Hello everyone, for some time I have installed the 104b loader in bare metal mode on a general server that I built and dedicated on purpose, everything works correctly, today I needed to do some tests with the backup programs that are on the package center and I told myself that instead of doing it from the server to install a DSM in virtualization mode from a pc, then I did everything (before making the server I had tried the virtualized installation several times) and started the virtualized program but it messes with the 'other server (the general one), I think it is for the mac address.Obviously I tried to change the mac addresses of the virtualized machine (both on the loader and on the virtualbox panel) but I don't know it doesn't take them, furthermore web assistance does not even see the general server, it gives me that there is nothing but instead there is and a server that runs correctly. bohhh, some idea???

1 hour ago, PincoPalla said:

and started the virtualized program but it messes with the 'other server (the general one), I think it is for the mac address.Obviously I tried to change the mac addresses of the virtualized machine (both on the loader and on the virtualbox panel)

the mac address that is double is in your grub.cfg

its best to change both as to prevent that happening again, no good to knock out a running server that way

afaik the mac of the virtulbox vm hardware needs to be the same as in the grub.cfg so you mifgt use the vm's mac in enter that in the grub.cfg