XPEnology Community

Update from 5.1 - 5022 to Newest DSM.

Hey guys,

I've used the Xpenology and previous DSM versions without any problem and I was always able to update them.

But now i'm stuck at DSM 5.1-5022. There are probably already over a dozen people who have the same questions as i have, but i couldn't find the specific topic :sad: .

I would like to update to the Newest DSM(I think DSM 5.2 - xxxx) without losing my apps, data, or configuration. Is this possible? And so, how do I do this? I really need the Data, but I still want to be up to date because of the security risks and stuff.

Setup:

4 internal disks, 2 in JBOD, 2 in raid 1. Each set of 2 is a separate share and volume.

Intel J1900, onboard processor, with 4 GB RAM.

Willem.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I've used the Xpenology and previous DSM versions without any problem and I was always able to update them.

But now i'm stuck at DSM 5.1-5022. There are probably already over a dozen people who have the same questions as i have, but i couldn't find the specific topic :sad: .

I would like to update to the Newest DSM(I think DSM 5.2 - xxxx) without losing my apps, data, or configuration. Is this possible? And so, how do I do this? I really need the Data, but I still want to be up to date because of the security risks and stuff.

Setup:

4 internal disks, 2 in JBOD, 2 in raid 1. Each set of 2 is a separate share and volume.

Intel J1900, onboard processor, with 4 GB RAM.

Willem.

There are a whole lot of topics on this and you shouldn't post questions in the How to/Guide section.

Follow this guide: http://idmedia.no/general/installing-or ... -or-later/