XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2-5592 Update 3

boosterbosch

Just seen that DSM 5.2-5592 Update 3 has been released by Synology.

Release Notes:

Version : 5.2-5592 Update 3

(2015/08/20)

Fixed Issues

Optimized fan settings for DS715 and DS215+.

Enhanced compatibility with hard drives.

Improved the compatibility with UPS devices.

Fixed an issue where the NTP (Network Time Protocol) service became temporarily unavailable after manual calibration.

Anyone know if we can just update to this with the latest version of xpenoboot?

Have installed update 3 today virtualized on kvm and had no disk after the restart from the Update.

After next reboot everything is working fine again.

just reboot at minimum twice and everything should work as expected :ugeek:

edit: experienced off behavior:

update 3 disabled my rsync. i had to reenable it.

but again aft er that it seems like it is fully functioning

Although I haven't had a chance to do any testing on Update 3 (will be migrating my test & live servers tonight), I have briefly spoken with Vortex who has said that the unmounted volumes is normal on the first reboot. As for certain services needing to be manually re-enabled, I would guess that is related to the unmounted volumes (ie. Web Station disables itself because it cant find the 'web' folder; rsync disables itself because there are no volumes to sync).

all disk will be unmounted and can NOT be mount

after second reboot everything seems to be OK (verified on 3 xpenos: N54l, ESXi and QNAP TS-469PRO)

all disk will be unmounted and can NOT be mount

restart one more time and it will re-mount all drives

It work! after restart twice, everything come back!!

Yes, I can confirm that update 3 works. Just reboot into upgrade/migrate mode, run the updater from control panel. I let the system download it directly and update it and reboot the first time. Confirmed, first reboot, volumes are missing. Reboot again and volumes come back. Per YoungHo, gotta re-enable user home service as well as re-run the media indexing function. So far, these services need to be manually restarted, even after the 2nd reboot:

1. User Home Service

2. Media Indexing

3. Log Center

4. Backup Service

I have a bare-metal install with no apps other than default so I'm not sure what else might be effected. Can anyone confirm any other system services/apps that needed a manual stop/start to get back going after update 3 installation? Add your comments here!

hi guys,

i rebooted several times with no luck, my update went automatically yesterday en since then cant do anything with nas. because no hdd is found and all services is down. if i log and try to change things like restoring settings or pointing hdd get a error ( The operation failed. plz log in to dsm and retry )

i reboot more then 10 times already with upgrade funtion and also debug mode stil the same.

also i dont see ip adres in system health wiget or uptime.

System internal service [synobackupd, hotplugd, synostoraged] failed to start. Please contact Synology support for assistance.

anyone any idea how to set all back to normal

regards

I did not choose Install/Upgrade, too ! - after second reboot Update 3 works fine on G7 with vmware !

BUT:

Surveillance Station (7.1) with FOSCAM 9805W and other disconnects/connect every 30 sec. - the camera interface of the Foscam looks nice all time.

Its not possible to use it !

Same on the 213j works fine !?

I am new to XPEnology. It been running great. However I didn't realize auto update was on and now I get the following with update 3:

System internal service [synobackupd, hotplugd, synostoraged] failed to start. Please contact Synology support for assistance.

Any ideas of what to try? Really hope I didn't loose everything.

any help is appreciated