XPEnology Community

Password recovery or reinstallation without data loss.

Hi,

I have an hp 8300 computer with dsm 6.2.3-25426 update 3. Loader jun 1.03b Two HDDs in RAID 1 btrfs.

Forgot my password. Admin account is disabled, SSH disabled, resetuser = admin not working.

Is there any other way to recover the password? As reset mode 1.

If I fail with the password and at startup from the jun loader menu I select Reinstall.

Is the data on the hdd and the raid structure kept?

Thanks

Lucian

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 1:10 AM, lucian_ava said:

If I fail with the password and at startup from the jun loader menu I select Reinstall.

Is the data on the hdd and the raid structure kept?

yes that would be next to try

if that fails you could use a rescue linux, mount the raid1 system partitions (1st on every diks) and format that /dev/md0 (check if it contains the system before doing that, not so good to format you data volume)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7004-tutorial-how-to-access-dsms-data-system-partitions/

with the system partiton empty it should be possible to make a reinstall without deleting data on your data volume

if you want access to you data you could boot open media vault (a nas system) from a different source (like usd) and access you data over network and backup if you want), its also possible to use a rescue linux and mount the raid1 data volume (-> tutorial section)

• Like 1