XPEnology Community

Kernel HIJACK

Hi Ollie,

OHCI USB support is already included in the repack 4.2 v1.2

Regards!

Possible breakthrough

I've just found 2 images in my downloads and think I've possibly installed "DS3612xs_4.2-3211_x64_Microserver-20130612.img" instead of the 1.2 repack sitting next to it, is there anyway to check this? If it turns out I haven't installed the 1.2 version is there a way to update to this version or should I follow your instructions for OHCI support you posted towards the start of this thread?

Reagards

I've just found 2 images in my downloads and think I've possibly installed "DS3612xs_4.2-3211_x64_Microserver-20130612.img" instead of the 1.2 repack sitting next to it, is there anyway to check this? If it turns out I haven't installed the 1.2 version is there a way to update to this version or should I follow your instructions for OHCI support you posted towards the start of this thread?

Hi,

Change the USB pendrive for another one. Install in the new pendrive the 1.2 repack. After boot, you have the new version with OHCI support.

Is it possible to replace grub by extlinux ?

The goal would be to boot from the HD directly without having to leave a USB key into the PC.

Is it similar tags "hw_model" and "vender" exist in extlinux?

This version of grub can't boot from ext4 or large partition.

extlinux can, but the syno model is not the good one.

Hi,

Change the USB pendrive for another one. Install in the new pendrive the 1.2 repack. After boot, you have the new version with OHCI support.

So the changes I need take place on the boot USB as opposed to the .pat file or do I have to now do another step as I still don't seem to have OHCI support :sad: , is there a command I can run to check if it's working?

• 9 years later...
В 27.06.2013 в 16:00, totalnas сказал:

#3: DM-Mirror support for LVM2 physical relocation

One of the most limited functionality in the DSM firmware is the lack of RAID/Volume modification tools. For example, after you create one SHR raid volume you can't move/relocate/decrease/etc. disks. Nevertheless, the Linux kernel has functions to relocate LVM extends. Moreover, you can reduce logical volumes using resize2fs and you have the full power to modify your RAID. All tools are included in the firmware (mdadm, lvm, resize2fs, etc.) except the modules to migrate a LVM extend: dm-mirror.ko

Here the modules that you need (for DSM 3.2 kernel 3.2.30 x64):

• DM-LOG:

http://pastebin.com/RaVVpqMb
DM-REGION-HASH: http://pastebin.com/Dj1Z69xy
DM-MIRROR: http://pastebin.com/Jc32M86g

You only need to load them in this order to enable the PVMOVE command in the LVM tool:

$ insmod /lib/modules/dm-log.ko
$ insmod /lib/modules/dm-region-hash.ko
$ insmod /lib/modules/dm-mirror.ko

The command is "lvm pvmove", or you can create the symlink with "ln -s lvm /sbin/pvmove"

Moreover, if you like to load these modules at boot create a simple script file in "/usr/syno/etc/rc.d/" to load them (for example, "S15LoadModules.sh").

With this great tool I administrate all my RAID/LVM volumes without any limitation!

:lol:

Can anyone provide these modules form DSM7 (7.1.1)? 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...