XPEnology Community

XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.2 Errors PLS Help ?

derwoodbones

Could someone try and make sense out of this problem i am having. I am currently running this rig

Dell Optiplex 755

XPEnoboot 5.2-5565.2

Xpenology 5.2 5565 Update 2

I write XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.2 to my USB drive with Win32DiskImager

Boot & Choose Install / Upgrade and this is what I get ?

SAM_0027.jpg

Xpenology 5.2 5565 Update 2 OK

You install XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.1 in USB drive with Win32DiskImager and INSTALL/UPGRADE on BOOT

After upgrade install DSM 5.2.5592 e reboot di NAS

Upgrade DSM 5.2.5592 Update 1 and POWER OFF nas

You install XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.2 in USB drive with Win32DiskImager and INSTALL/UPGRADE on BOOT

After upgrade install DSM 5.2.5592 Update2 e reboot di NAS

I have Dell Optiplex with Xpenology......

OK I have determined there is some kind of hardware incompatibility with DSM 5.2.5592 & XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.2 on Dell Optiplex 745 & 755.

I managed to do a clean install on another Bare metal to 5592 Update 2, ran perfect rebooted several times then swapped it into the 745 first. booted normally twice then back to the same errors seen in above image. Same results on Optiplex 755

Thank you guys for trying to help.

OK I have determined there is some kind of hardware incompatibility with DSM 5.2.5592 & XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.2 on Dell Optiplex 745 & 755.

I managed to do a clean install on another Bare metal to 5592 Update 2, ran perfect rebooted several times then swapped it into the 745 first. booted normally twice then back to the same errors seen in above image. Same results on Optiplex 755

Thank you guys for trying to help.

If you are able to figure out a driver or something that is missing let us know and we will try to add it.

this might be the Dell bios being reset, related to this topic?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3289

I've had a bios reset problem myself with a gigabyte mobo, I worked around it by setting the bios to the 'perfect' settings, then booting but without letting Xpenology load (ie reset once the syslinux menu appears but before the o/s loads)

this set the bios and now on reset it defaults and runs to 'last known good'.

maybe look at the dell bios to see what options you have and are getting with various boots?

I appreciate the help, But I just ordered an Optiplex 760 3.06 GHz core2 duo 8 GB ram on eBay for 45 $ Will wait and try it on that.

Dell Optiplex 745/755/760 is about perfect for Xpenology. My favorite platform. The only downside is power efficiency is not great.

I appreciate the help, But I just ordered an Optiplex 760 3.06 GHz core2 duo 8 GB ram on eBay for 45 $ Will wait and try it on that.

Dell Optiplex 745/755/760 is about perfect for Xpenology. My favorite platform. The only downside is power efficiency is not great.

Ya I had a 745 and a 755 that were given to me, used both for NAS 745 was never cleaned loaded with crap. blew several caps

The 755 is the one im running now but it's starting to go, cant wait to get the 760 looks like new. :grin: