XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] DS3612xs_4.2-3211_x64

I like to confirm that this release works without problems in a Proliant Microserver M52L.

Moreover, all kernel modules are binary compatible with the previous x64 release of DSM 4.2 (3202), so you can upgrade to this new release (3211) without problems. :shock:

Good news!

Hi all,

I've got the same problem as "xrecar" that one of the disks is reported as a esata disk and causes problems (degraded). Everythong else is working fine but the data transfer speed is degraded. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance for the help!

PS: My Hardware consists of:

Fractal Design Node 304 Casing

ASUS P8H77-I Motherboard

Intel Core i3 3220 Processor

Kingston HyperX Red 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory

Seasonic G-Series 360W

Western Digital Red 3TB 4x Diskds

Esata.JPG.47ecc44b3648ec31f76e84ff2ec78d4a.JPG

unbelievable,

Works fine with a M2NPV-VM Nforce + Athlon 3500+ + 3x 160Go SATA. Migrate from DS3612xs_2668_4.1++ and all works!!!

I could try high availability synology!

Works fine with IPIBL-LB + core duo E7400 + 3 x 160go SATA. Migrate from DS3612xs_4.2-3202 repack.

Well guys,

Thanks for posting this, although the sources are not reliable or "legal", we appreciate that you shared this with us.

Anyhow, i am trying to manually upgrade my DS3612xs_4.2-3202_x64 to this (DS3612xs_4.2-3211_x64) and i get Unknown error occurs (Error No:21).

Am I doing something wrong? Should i do something with the pat file before using it for the manual upgrade process?

Thanks again for your help!

Well guys,

Thanks for posting this, although the sources are not reliable or "legal", we appreciate that you shared this with us.

Anyhow, i am trying to manually upgrade my DS3612xs_4.2-3202_x64 to this (DS3612xs_4.2-3211_x64) and i get Unknown error occurs (Error No:21).

Am I doing something wrong? Should i do something with the pat file before using it for the manual upgrade process?

Hi!!

I just recreate my usb Key from the img file, reboot my Xpenology and Search in Synology Assistant. Find my new 3211, and migrate with the pat file.

And i change the mac dans serial in the grub.conf

Hi All,

After reverting too the DSM_3202_x64 version i have repaired the RAID volume and it wil work again. I think it has something to do with the driver over the RAID controller. I will see if a second attempt to upgrade to the latest DSM_3211_x64 version wil result in the same behavior.

Greetz

Hi all,

I've got the same problem as "xrecar" that one of the disks is reported as a esata disk and causes problems (degraded). Everythong else is working fine but the data transfer speed is degraded. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance for the help!

PS: My Hardware consists of:

Fractal Design Node 304 Casing

ASUS P8H77-I Motherboard

Intel Core i3 3220 Processor

Kingston HyperX Red 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory

Seasonic G-Series 360W

Western Digital Red 3TB 4x Diskds

Well guys,

Hi!!

I just recreate my usb Key from the img file, reboot my Xpenology and Search in Synology Assistant. Find my new 3211, and migrate with the pat file.

And i change the mac dans serial in the grub.conf

Well, thank you.

It works well. No issues for me!

I also added the OHCI and EHCI USB support and my UPS is now visible! Yay!

Another Box Up and running fine

HP DC7900 Convertible Mini Tower

Onboard

Intel E6550

4 Gig Ram

4 SATA ports Plus E-SATA detected fine

Intel E1000

5 x 1TB Drives

Install detected and installed itself to the 4 x SATA Drives

Leaving the E-Sata Drive out of the SHR pool

Will try and add that into the SHR once the Volume Check is complete