XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.1 build 2668++ (more hardware)

Andy928

hi, it's possible to install on intel board d945gclf2 (intel atom dual core) ? now it's running win server 2k8 with xpenology on vmware but i want to install without virtual machine.There's hardware support ?

i'have tried to boot from usb but booting is ok , network ok, sata don't work.

Tnx for reply :smile:

Is there a way that someone can post a step by step how to for changing the MAC address and serialize the unit. Currently i have 2 HP n40l units running in the same subnet and its a big problem, because they have same MAC address..

Thanks

Nemo

Thanks this is great!

I havent been able to download the add-on packages through package manager. Is this feature working? Anyone else have this problem?

It's working on my server... I use the N40L version, the software should be the same with some driver differences, so, it should work in yours too...

I have to say that is not very fast, but it works in the end.

Thanks this is great!

I havent been able to download the add-on packages through package manager. Is this feature working? Anyone else have this problem?

It's working on my server... I use the N40L version, the software should be the same with some driver differences, so, it should work in yours too...

I have to say that is not very fast, but it works in the end.

Thanks, I'm running it virtualized (Virtualbox), connectivity seems to be fine. the VM was able to ping internet sites. When i click download, the package stays at 0% downloaded. Any ideas?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your great work with this! It almost working perfectly on my Atom ITX - Intel DN2800MT:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ ... 800mt.html

Only the USB ports not recognized. I have read your wiki tutorial on building kernel:

http://xpenology.com/wiki/en/building_xpenology

However, I don't not fully understand the steps involved... Is it possible for me to build the USB module and put to the USB boot key? Also, what if I wanna add an additional PCI-E USB 3.0 card? Is there any driver already built with the existing XPEnology DS3612xs DSM4.1 build 2668+ so that I don't need to do the kernel building things?

Thanks again for your effort!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I own a NAS DeLuxe NDL2700ST (Basically a Thecus N7700Pro NAS) but I was really not satisfied with the firmware they developped.

This NAS is like Synology basic hardware:

Intel Core2Duo 7400

3Gb memory

Marvell 88SE64xx raid controller

Intel 1Gb nics

7x2Tb SATA disks

So I had tried several other NAS OS-es like freeNAS, openmediavault even Windows Storage Server (which at least was able to do the baisc functions I need it for (backup, iCIFS, SCSI and NFS) but it lacked performance (duh). Besides the NAS DeLux I own a RS3413xs+ which I like a lot, not only performance wise but OS like as well. So I tried to load this image on the NAS delux and to my supprise it runs smoothly. The only thing I hope for is an upgrade to DSM 4.2 with the smae drivers as in this firmware, so any plans on releasing a 4.2 build 3211++ ?

grtx Johan

Hi JvZ

There is a thread with DSM 4.2 3202 repack for DS3612xs in a torrent file here http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=555&start=40#p1436

I have the "original 3202" and haven't used this repacked file, but i'm seeding the torrent. Please try it and give us your feedback. :ugeek:

Thanks!

It still doesn't have the extra drivers (does not boot on my hardware, while 2668++ does, I suppose it needs some extra parts like the ICH7 controller, etc.), so it is a no-go. But if someone could grab the kernel, and change the config to include those, we would be able to use it. Unfortunately the 2668++ config is not in the kernel (why enable /proc/config.gz, right?? That's it about GPL....), so we can't duplicate the changes easily, but maybe Andy can help us out a bit? :smile:

Of course I would like to have 4.2 on my device too, but I don't want to erase my nearly 300GB data on the disks just for updating, especially as my connection is extremely slow (20Mbit).

• 2 weeks later...
I own a NAS DeLuxe NDL2700ST (Basically a Thecus N7700Pro NAS) but I was really not satisfied with the firmware they developped.

Intel Core2Duo 7400

3Gb memory

Intel 1Gb nics

7x2Tb SATA disks

So I had tried several other NAS OS-es like freeNAS, openmediavault even Windows Storage Server (which at least was able to do the baisc functions I need it for (backup, iCIFS, SCSI and NFS) but it lacked performance (duh). Besides the NAS DeLux I own a RS3413xs+ which I like a lot, not only performance wise but OS like as well. So I tried to load this image on the NAS delux and to my supprise it runs smoothly. The only thing I hope for is an upgrade to DSM 4.2 with the smae drivers as in this firmware, so any plans on releasing a 4.2 build 3211++ ?

grtx Johan

Any one can help me to install DSM on TheCus N7000pro ?

How to boot from usb on a system with no keyboard/video ports ?

Maybe with a serial console session ?

Intel Core2Duo 7400

3Gb memory

Intel 1Gb nics

7x2Tb SATA disks

grtx Johan

Any one can help me to install DSM on TheCus N7000pro ?

How to boot from usb on a system with no keyboard/video ports ?

Maybe with a serial console session ?

It has a PCIex8 port, so simply jam a cheap PCIe video card in there (any cheapo will do), and use a USB keyboard (or a USBtoPS2 converter). Then you can see what the problem is.

Hi! First of all, thanks for your great work to make DSM available to us!

I have installed DSM 4.1 2668++ on Asrock AD2550-ITX http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/AD2550-ITX/index.asp (Dual core Atom, Intel NM10 Express, USB 3.0 with ASMedia ASM1042) and it works quite well, well with one exception though: USB.

I have disabled the USB 3.0 interface. On the USB 2.0, I added my HP printer and it is correctly recognized by the DSM in the list of the "External Devices". But no luck at all with USB drives: I have tried 2 card readers, 4 USB sticks, one WD drive - no luck at all. I have seen some other questions like this, but no answer at all.

Could you please give us a hint, whether we can fix it ourselves, or you plan to work at this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I am very happy to hear that finally Diskstation is available on x86 Hardware :smile:

Could someone please provide a bootable disc image which is possible to me mounted using ESX or should I create a USB Stick

and pull its content to be stuffed into a bootable iso image?

Greets from rainy Germany

I have a prolem by trying to install it on a Dell Poweredge 860 server, it says:

Warning! No microcode update loaded for processor 1.

What does it mean whit that,

My server have a Intel Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz 64 bit???

It hae a Intel 3000 chipset.

Can you help me??

Regards

Guldhammer