XPEnology Community

@appstore Disk Migration

Vodka2014

Question

Hi,

I would like to know how I can move my App Disk from 120GB to 500GB Disk.

So what I mean is that i have the @appstore on the 120GB with all packages installed. Now i want to move this to my new 500GB Disk.

What is the best method for this please.

Thanks

Edited by Vodka2014

The 120GB is out and the 500GB is in.

It is on Storage Pool 2 and when i ran that command it fixed the RAID Errors and now it is just an Single Disk.

The 500GB is showing as an 120GB Disk.......

So what i want to try next is add a new 500GB Disk and set it up in RAID 1 and then see if it will allow me to Expand it if not then back to the start.....

On 2/19/2021 at 4:28 AM, billat29 said:

When I restarted, the storage pool had crashed

Not to nit, but in Synology-speak, "degraded" and "crashed" are two very different things.

FWIW I think it started expanding automatically after resynchronizing operation completed, and was in the middle of it when you removed the second drive.  mdadm is pretty resilient so it didn't cause any problems.

Hi @flyride

It was degraded and i ran "sudo mdadm --grow --raid-devices=1 --force /dev/md3" Since it was on Storage Pool 2 It worked as it stated.

I setup the RAID 1, Waited for Re-Sync to be 100%, Shutdown and removed the 120GB, Powered up and got the degraded error and ran the command via SSH. - 
"raid_disks for /dev/md3 set to 1"

Once that was done the degraded error changed to Healthy and that was it. There was no option to expand or even seeing the disk to expand nothing at all.

Should i try this again ? 

If I understand what you have done, you used the RAID1 to clone your 120GB to the 500GB drive and then dropped it back to a Basic volume.  My instructions were to replace the 120GB in the RAID1 with another drive which has to be 500GB or greater.  Only then will the volume be expanded.  After it is done expanding, you can remove the extra drive and drop the RAID1 back to Basic.  I think you skipped the part with the extra drive.