XPEnology Community

All about the Asrock C2750/C2550 boards...

• 2 weeks later...
pro tip - if you need to use the marvell controller :smile:

firmware upgrade it - check FAQ on asrockrack website - and it will work... mine does with 10 discs connected to the motherboard :smile:

Dude, thanks for the info! I am going to be switching over to this setup soon and always appreciate the insight.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,
Long time no stop by...

I want to know how everyone is going with this board. Particularly updating to DSM 6. I haven't got around to it yet but it is sitting on the back-burning and getting hotter by the day.

I need to update my skills and I believe Jun's loader is the method these days.

Anyone have any experience or advice?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So I've managed to get as far as... In find.synology.com I can see the server, but when I install it crashes every time.

I did read in the forum that an incorrect pid/vid will mess with the install. And low and behold I must have misspelt it. But I'm still having the same issue.

As the install got to some certain percent, now if I try an install it asks me to migrate. So I was thinking that, after the pid/vid mix-up, I will format the drive and start again and hope for the best.

I'm at work now and frantically trying to dig around and find a solution. If anybody has any suggestions, please chime in...?

Thanks in advance,

• 1 year later...

Due to some upgrade/downgrade issues of Xpenology, I am now faced with the fact that also the 5.2 (5.2 booloader, which have worked fine on 1GB) and the 6.1 versions (1.02b bootloader) have given me the 'alert' that my LAN connection was a 10/100 one. My guess is that it is the IPMI connection. 

So it could be two things: my 2 Intel 210 NIC's aren't recognized. But I saw in this forum that the 2 NIC's worked with the 1.02b bootloader, without the custom lzimage, right?

Or it could be that my IPMI settings aren't correct anymore, since I updated to the BMC 00.35 version? So could someone please tell me what the best settings are for all the network/bonk/link menu's? I had it working with the eth0 and 1 settings, thanks to this forum. But now they have 'shared LAN' and dedicated LAN choices. So now I'm confused all over again. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by djjvb