DS918 + installation problems in Asrock J5040-itx


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

 

I can't install dsm on my Asrock J5040-itx board. I have read in the update report that several colleagues from the forum have succeeded.

 

I have done the installation as they describe with JUN'S LOADER v1.04b - 918+ and DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3. But since it only lets me boot from the pendrive in uefi mode (I can't in any way get it to boot in legacy) I think the problem is here (in boot mode).

 

When I start up in uefi it detects the computer and I proceed to do the manual installation of the pat and when it finishes and restarts I no longer detect it anywhere.

 

I hope your answers and that you can help me solve the problem.

Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, Micoff said:

it only lets me boot from the pendrive in uefi mode (I can't in any way get it to boot in legacy) I think the problem is here (in boot mode).

no uefi is fine with 1.04b 918+

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

 

On 1/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, Micoff said:

When I start up in uefi it detects the computer and I proceed to do the manual installation of the pat and when it finishes and restarts I no longer detect it anywhere.

if you get as far as seeing the booted loader in network you don't have boot problem

you can try to extract zImage and rd.gz. from the 6.2.3 *.pat file (using 7zip) copy that to the 2nd partition of the loader (replace the file there) and also copy new extra/extra2.lzma

from here

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

to the 2nd partition, also replace the files, that way the loader will be updated to use the kernel of dsm 6.2.3

try if you still see the loader modded this way in network (before installing the *.pat file)

Edited by IG-88
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/29/2021 at 5:49 PM, IG-88 said:

 

if you get as far as seeing the booted loader in network you don't have boot problem

you can try to extract zImage and rd.gz. from the 6.2.3 *.pat file (using 7zip) copy that to the 2nd partition of the loader (replace the file there) and also copy new extra/extra2.lzma

from here

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

to the 2nd partition, also replace the files, that way the loader will be updated to use the kernel of dsm 6.2.3

try if you still see the loader modded this way in network (before installing the *.pat file)

I dont want to open new topic......because I have exactly the same problem as OP, just with different motherboard/setup.

 

MSI H81M-P33

Intel G3220 Pentium (its Haswell)

Realtek NIC (8111G)

I have instaled also additional Intel PCI-E NIC (EXPI9301CTBLK)  <----- I have tought that I have realtek driver problem....

 

I have red everything available regarding how to resolve "no network after reboot".

 

1st tried ds3615 1.03b/6.2.3....no synology detected on your lan.....tried the same with extra/lzma...the same result..extra/lzma + zlmage+rd.gz....tried the same combination but with 6.2.2....no LAN

2nd ds918+ 1.04b/6.2.3.....I can see DS918 but not after reboot.....tried extra/extra2....the same.......tried extra/extra + zlimage/rd.gz....no lan....tried everything mentioned with 6.2.2....the same!

DS918+ works every time except there is no conectivity after reboot!

 

Tested buletproof combination......ds3615/6.1.7/1.02b.......it worked flawlessly....so it seems that with every other combination I get NIC driver problem!

 

Is there anythting else I can do? ds918+ would be superb......or 3615 with 6.2.3 (for safety reasons)...or am I stucked with 6.1.7 DS3615?

 

Tnx in advance

Edited by Kamele0N
Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm having the same problem have a working build with ds3615/6.1.7/1.02b.
and would like to update also.

 

The Stick boots, but stays on Screen will stop updating ....
Not getting the booting kernel message
Does not find the nas

Asus B150-PLUS on intel i5-6400

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kamele0N said:

That is because you can not update to 6.2.3 with 1.02b loader....! 

 

 

I've try d with the 1,03b loader, and the 1,04 loader
both giving the same result

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.