XPEnology Community

Thank You

UNSC-117

:ugeek:

Hello guys, I wanted to thank you guys here on XPEnology. I used windows home server v1, windows home server 2011, windows server 2012 essentials, lubuntu, ubuntu and lastly freenas.

I would never paid the money synology charges for one of their systemsm, thank you so much for making this possible.

:ugeek:

Hello guys, I wanted to thank you guys here on XPEnology. I used windows home server v1, windows home server 2011, windows server 2012 essentials, lubuntu, ubuntu and lastly freenas.

I would never paid the money synology charges for one of their systemsm, thank you so much for making this possible.

+1

I'm with you....

The effort that has gone into making XPEnology is appreciated.

The interesting thing (at least for me) is that this has been an interesting jumping point - or gateway to Synology products.

After playing with it for a while, I've upgraded my parents from a D-Link NAS to a "real" Synology 2-bay device.

I've also worked with a few friends, and recommended Synology devices on their networks.

I've also started to look at some of the real Synology devices for home use - to replace my XPEnology box.

Considering the "value" I place on my data - I'm not opposed to spending money on a supported platform.

For my "data" NAS - there is a very good chance that I'll go this way within the next 6 months.

For my secondary NAS (that I use for Plex and transcoding) - I wish that Synology would release something with a bit more horsepower.

I suppose that this is where there is a decision point:

A larger NAS that can support multiple RAID volumes, and an external PMS box might be the better way to go. (If a bit cost prohibitive)

LOL - have to love first world problems.

I'm with you....

The effort that has gone into making XPEnology is appreciated.

The interesting thing (at least for me) is that this has been an interesting jumping point - or gateway to Synology products.

After playing with it for a while, I've upgraded my parents from a D-Link NAS to a "real" Synology 2-bay device.

I've also worked with a few friends, and recommended Synology devices on their networks.

I've also started to look at some of the real Synology devices for home use - to replace my XPEnology box.

Considering the "value" I place on my data - I'm not opposed to spending money on a supported platform.

For my "data" NAS - there is a very good chance that I'll go this way within the next 6 months.

For my secondary NAS (that I use for Plex and transcoding) - I wish that Synology would release something with a bit more horsepower.

I suppose that this is where there is a decision point:

A larger NAS that can support multiple RAID volumes, and an external PMS box might be the better way to go. (If a bit cost prohibitive)

LOL - have to love first world problems.

Same for me, I've always used QNAP devices personally but since using XPEnology I've already started recommending Synology to family and friends as an alternative. As Xpenology goes, it may effect a few Synology sales here and there short term, but I'm pretty sure it will enhance Synology's brand and sales in the long term.

I have to chime in on this one as well.

Since using Xpenology at home, I have purchased 1 high end and 2 mid grade Synology devices at work.

Were it not for Xpenology, I would not have considered anything other than something like FreeNas, which really would not have met my needs the way Synology does.

Were the hardware not so expensive, I would replace my xpenology box with a Synology one.