XPEnology Community

Serial not showing

N0_Klu3

Hi guys,

So I followed the guide when creating my boot stick.

I put in MAC and Serial number from the spreadsheet 3 times each in each section.

The MAC is working as my box is showing a different MAC to what my actual NIC's MAC addy is, so thats fine.

But the serial number is not showing up on my Xpenology box.

Also I have put in DNS of 8.8.8.8 and it shows on network, but when I to log into MyDS from my Xpenology box it just says:

Network error, please check your DNS and network settings.

But my box is downloading Packages fine, its even got an update downloaded and waiting.

So its network is working fine, just not MyDS and wondering if thats because its not displaying any serial number.

How can I fix this?

Use WinSCP to access your NAS as root using your normal admin pw.

Go to the mounted volumeUSB1/usbshare and edit the file syslinux.cfg

The serial and mac should appear like this...

APPEND root=/dev/md0 ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs sn=xxxxxxxxxxxx mac1: xxxxxxxxxxxx vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305

I have never had any issues with the serial or mac so if your config file is set-up like that something else is causing a problem. In which case you may have corrupt files on your system. You could try re-installing the DSM package and see what happens. If that fails I guess there maybe a hardware issue, which seems unlikely as you're having issues with both values and the values are being set in software.

EDIT:

You need to use a false serial number and the real mac address of the primary nic if you want to use things like WOL.

Thanks Bud,

I'll have a look at that when I get home.

I'm 99% sure my config is correct.

Infact here it is:

sn=X0XXX00000 mac1=000000000X00 vid=0000 pid=0000

And I set this in the 3 sections where sn shows.

And each 3 sections include the above.

Obviously I have changed the numbers to 'X' and '0'.