XPEnology Community

Reset All Settings Without SynoAssistant

imonkey

After working fantastically for six months, something has happened and I need to clear all the settings and try again. It is doing lots of strange things like not being able to be seen by the Synology Assistant. I am aware of the downgrade trick clearing all settings but keeping data, but this needs Synology Assistant. I also must keep the data on the drives as a backup of 11 TB is not in the cards. I can still ssh in without issue.

I apologize if this has been solved before but I have spent a lot of time on the Google and I didn't see a solution.

After working fantastically for six months, something has happened and I need to clear all the settings and try again. It is doing lots of strange things like not being able to be seen by the Synology Assistant. I am aware of the downgrade trick clearing all settings but keeping data, but this needs Synology Assistant. I also must keep the data on the drives as a backup of 11 TB is not in the cards. I can still ssh in without issue.

I apologize if this has been solved before but I have spent a lot of time on the Google and I didn't see a solution.

What version are you running now with errors?

I had a number of strange things, and simply downgrading as a migration to 5.2-5565 solved them.

I am pretty sure that can be done without Synology Assistant, just step through the wizard.