XPEnology Community

Migration From 3615xs To 918+

Vodka2014

Good Day

I want to be 100% sure on this before I make a big mess :)

So my current setup is a 3615xs and now I need to move to an 918+. The new hardware for 918+ is ready and I have done a new USB etc...

So what I want to know is do I move the Disks and then power on so it can do a new Setup from the ground up and Select Migrate.

OR

Do i setup my 918+ and the move the disks over.

I need to keep the same Name, IP, Settings etc...

Thanks in Advanced.

1. Check that the new box will boot (without disks) and can be found on your LAN. I would have given the USB a new serial number but I am not sure whether that is required.

2. Back up settings from Control Panel. You do have a backup of your critical data, right?

3. Then apply method 1. It will say that you have moved your disks into a new diskstation and give you the option to migrate.

4. Migrate and then check where you are. If the IP address is set by your router, it will probably have changed (step 1 will confirm). Then either access the correct page on your router to set the desired IP address or do it in DSM Control Panel.

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, billat29 said:

1. Check that the new box will boot (without disks) and can be found on your LAN. I would have given the USB a new serial number but I am not sure whether that is required.

2. Back up settings from Control Panel. You do have a backup of your critical data, right?

3. Then apply method 1. It will say that you have moved your disks into a new diskstation and give you the option to migrate.

4. Migrate and then check where you are. If the IP address is set by your router, it will probably have changed (step 1 will confirm). Then either access the correct page on your router to set the desired IP address or do it in DSM Control Panel.

Good Luck!