XPEnology Community

Network interface and bond Error

Super HAL

Question

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem with the BOND that I created. 

Everything worked fine, but since I changed the mac address, the network interface page no longer works, loading remains ....

No access to DHCP either, and with EZ internet, it tells me that my gateway does not have the correct address. 

Would there be a way to reset the network configuration? 

Thank you !

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Super HAL said:

Would there be a way to reset the network configuration? 

you can rest the whole dsm config like as it was when starting the 1st time (2nd option in grub menu of the loader) or you mount the system partitions (raid1) and restore the files

manually

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7004-tutorial-how-to-access-dsms-data-system-partitions/

the default file are in the dsm *.pat file used for installing

you can open it with 7zip, in there you open the hda1.tgz, hda1, and in there

\etc.defaults\sysconfig\network-scripts\

ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth7

Thank you for your answer. I started with the second option in grub menu and strangely the startup was normal, not in reinstallation mode .... a solution? 

I don't think I can mount the drive on ubuntu because I'm in SHR / BTRFS. Right ?

On 1/12/2021 at 10:09 AM, Super HAL said:

I don't think I can mount the drive on ubuntu because I'm in SHR / BTRFS. Right ?

the system partition (1st on every disk) is always a raid1 over all disks, nothing fancy

SHR is just mdadm combined with lvm2, i guess its not going to work with auto detection but you can assemble the raids and then string them together with lvm2, you would need to have some knowledge about how SHR works and lvm

btrfs should be in every recent linux distribution

Your solution to replace the ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth7 files was correct.

I also deleted the bond0 files. I didn't need to mount the disks on ubuntu. A simple SSH access to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/  is enough.

Thank you for your help ! Everything is working fine now.