Hi guys, 

I'm currently running DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3, juns loader 1.04b, ds918+ on a MSI mortar arctic h270m. I think the main board is failing as 2 of the ram slots have stopped working. I've been offered an MSI z270 m7 but it has killer lan e2500 where the mortar arctic has Intel lan. I have a spare nc360t dual nic, is this compatible with my system as it is now, if possible I just wanted to swap boards over with the system intact. 

TIA

21 minutes ago, siri_uk said:

killer lan e2500

only up to e2400 is supported right now, if there would be a  patch for that e2500 for kernel 4.4.59 i could implement this

(i have a e2400 patch for kernel 3.10.105 and e2400 has native support in kernel 4.4.59)

23 minutes ago, siri_uk said:

have a spare nc360t dual nic

yes, afaik that just a normal intel nic that would even work with the dsm default drivers

as long as you can spare a pcie slot for a nic its no problem

44 minutes ago, siri_uk said:

killer lan e2500

i just looked into kernel source 4.13..12 and it looks like it was implemented the same as the e2400, just a device id and a special exclusion for a quirk

if you are willing to test i can try to implement it

just PM me if you have the board and you want to test a modded alx driver

1 minute ago, IG-88 said:

i just looked into kernel source 4.13..12 and it looks like it was implemented the same as the e2400, just a device id and a special exclusion for a quirk

if you are willing to test i can try to implement it

just PM me if you have the board and you want to test a modded alx driver

Thanks for the reply I will pick the board up on Wednesday if its OK to message you then