XPEnology Community

Has anyone installed on the new ASRock N3150-ITX

sorry to necro this thread but I'm new and don't appear to have the ability PM individuals. Had a question about the half size pcie mini slot on the board. Was wondering if anyone has been successful in finding a NAND storage device that will work with this slot and if so what is the make and model?

This slot is a pcie 1x spec. Non for nand.

But the good news is. that is a 1x mini pcie half sice[emoji5] .

You can push 2 sata 6. Or 2 usb3 . Or a giganet card. And offcourse a wifi ac And alwais a USB 2

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk

sorry to necro this thread but I'm new and don't appear to have the ability PM individuals. Had a question about the half size pcie mini slot on the board. Was wondering if anyone has been successful in finding a NAND storage device that will work with this slot and if so what is the make and model?

You can push 2 sata 6. Or 2 usb3 . Or a giganet card. And offcourse a wifi ac And alwais a USB 2

Hmmmm............ This has got me VERY interested as I have this exact same motherboard (AsRock N3150-ITX).

Has anyone tested this?

I.e. has anyone tried plugging in a Half-size Mini Pcie to PCIe adapter, and then a suitable SATA card successfully and get it to work (attached to another 1 or 2 HDD off the SATA card)?

EDIT:

Or maybe, an IOCrest / Syba Mini PCI-Express Half Size 2 Port SATA III RAID Controller SI-MPE40095 with 2 SATA HDD attached and working?

Hmmmm............ This has got me VERY interested as I have this exact same motherboard (AsRock N3150-ITX).

Has anyone tested this?

I.e. has anyone tried plugging in a Half-size Mini Pcie to PCIe adapter, and then a suitable SATA card successfully and get it to work (attached to another 1 or 2 HDD off the SATA card)?

EDIT:

Or maybe, an IOCrest / Syba Mini PCI-Express Half Size 2 Port SATA III RAID Controller SI-MPE40095 with 2 SATA HDD attached and working?

This is a old thing.

I have ataqued this card And fun a year ago:

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B00FOR0L9Y/ref ... 4ybMME87RC

Also change the Mac number and now I have both in a row

Erm... I don't think a network port is similar to a SATA port?

All periferials plug in pcie port.

The difference is in the number of ports required.

For example, a médium graphic card required 8 And better 16 or more.

This slot is "1 mpcie x1"

This means :

1 -> standard review. in this case arround 2.5 GT/s duplex (you can plug 2 sata3 adaptors but the Max transfer rate be same 1 sata2 )

m-> mini form factor

x1-> number of lanes

The standard pcie slot in the board is

3 pcie x1 i thing.

You can plug 2 SATA3. Or 4 but the Max transfer is 1GB/s same 2 sata3 (a litle bit minus)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA

My english is painful

This means :

1 -> standard review. in this case arround 2.5 GT/s duplex (you can plug 2 sata3 adaptors but the Max transfer rate be same 1 sata2 )

m-> mini form factor

x1-> number of lanes

3 pcie x1 i thing.

You can plug 2 SATA3. Or 4 but the Max transfer is 1GB/s same 2 sata3 (a litle bit minus)

My english is painful

No worries about your english. I read them slowly and understood! :smile:

Anyway, i guess it would be best then that I cap it at running 2 HDD off it.

But then again, on another thread for the AsRock Q1900-ITX, it seems that utilizing the mPCIe slot would disable 2 out of 4 onboard SATA ports. :sad:

"http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3380&start=560#p97595"

I suppose it's not worth exploring it anymore unless someone who actually have attached 2 HDD off the mPCIe slot without any negative effect such as the above. :sad:

Looks like i would be needing to sell off my 8x 3TB WD Reds and upgrade to 8x 8TB WD Reds instead. LoL!

This means :

m-> mini form factor

x1-> number of lanes

3 pcie x1 i thing.

My english is painful

No worries about your english. I read them slowly and understood! :smile:

Anyway, i guess it would be best then that I cap it at running 2 HDD off it.

But then again, on another thread for the AsRock Q1900-ITX, it seems that utilizing the mPCIe slot would disable 2 out of 4 onboard SATA ports. :sad:

I suppose it's not worth exploring it anymore unless someone who actually have attached 2 HDD off the mPCIe slot without any negative effect such as the above. :sad:

Looks like i would be needing to sell off my 8x 3TB WD Reds and upgrade to 8x 8TB WD Reds instead. LoL!

I tell you that I have a network card plugged into that port. And a syba of 4 mouths in the other. With what I have 8 satas and a link to 2 gb.

And nothing has been disconnected or Lost. Only the speed. The onboard SATA is a litle more fasted

The q1900 Carrie another chipset

I tell you that I have a network card plugged into that port. And a syba of 4 mouths in the other. With what I have 8 satas and a link to 2 gb.

And nothing has been disconnected or Lost. Only the speed. The onboard SATA is a litle more fasted

The q1900 Carrie another chipset

Oh... Ok, i get it! Different chipset, hence the difference! Thank you for the clarification! :grin: