XPEnology Community

Surveillance Station License Mod?

Extremlym

Hello i have 2 Synology one is  DS411+II INTEL Atom D525 and DS120j MARVELL Armada 3720 88F3720 i have 4 cameras and only 2 default license

any ideea how to modify the libssutils.so

i tryed using  WinSCP but i don't have permission to edit or rewrite the file .. i have all the permissions there  but don;t know

need help

DMS 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 / ss 8.2.8-6335  / DPv 5.8.1-3056

libssutils.so

4 hours ago, Extremlym said:

i tryed using  WinSCP but i don't have permission to edit

maybe the just copy the file to a share the nas provides, login as admin by usins ssh with puty

type "sudo su" and hit return, that will result to work the same as root, now you can change permissions of a file and copy it where you need it

and mind the words you see when you do the sudo su the first time

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/12/2022 at 5:51 PM, noosphere said:

Hi,

Any news abbout this? If i buy a original licence will work on Xpenology?

I don't think you'll find too many folks recommending to buy a license to apply on an xpenology install, as I think you have one shot with the license so if something "bad" happens you'll be sol. I also recall reading years ago, that you need legit SN\Mac. An alternative would be looking at using DVA3221 or DVA1622 loaders which include 8 camera licenses with surveillance station by default.

10 hours ago, merve04 said:

I don't think you'll find too many folks recommending to buy a license to apply on an xpenology install, as I think you have one shot with the license so if something "bad" happens you'll be sol. I also recall reading years ago, that you need legit SN\Mac. An alternative would be looking at using DVA3221 or DVA1622 loaders which include 8 camera licenses with surveillance station by default.

With DVA3221 and DVA1622 need SN/MAC original for activating Advanced Media Extensions.

12 hours ago, apriliars3 said:

With DVA3221 and DVA1622 need SN/MAC original for activating Advanced Media Extensions.

Sure, I use plex to decode hvec files. I don’t use photo station, video station or really any other built in dsm apps to do media viewing, that’s what client pcs are for. One draw back may be if you wanted to use hvec compatible security cameras, imo storage space is cheap in the grand scheme of things. 

On 7/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, noosphere said:

Hi,

Any news abbout this? If i buy a original licence will work on Xpenology?

It works, but you need a valid MAC & Serialnumber, which is not hard to find.

After that you can import original camera licenses.

Using since since half a year now on an older 6.2 install. Will migrate soon to 7.1

Edited by alex980
  • Like 1

With DVA3221 loader, you have 8 camera available instead of 2.

unless you need more than 8 camera, no need to buy licences.

DVA3221 loader works without real NVIDIA GPU, you will not have AI feature without the GTX1650 NVIDIA GPU, but you will still have the 8 camera working normal like on a standard NAS.

If your host is powerfull enough to run Proxmox or VMWare ESXi, you can even run more than one loader VM instance and use CMS feature to have 8 x n instances running

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 5:28 AM, Orphée said:

DVA3221 loader works without real NVIDIA GPU, you will not have AI feature without the GTX1650 NVIDIA GPU, but you will still have the 8 camera working normal like on a standard NAS.

If your host is powerfull enough to run Proxmox or VMWare ESXi, you can even run more than one loader VM instance and use CMS feature to have 8 x n instances running

Dude, I never thought of that 😂 That's priceless.

• 3 months later...
On 7/22/2022 at 12:28 PM, Orphée said:

Hello, It is possible to use CMS on xpenology VM for DVA3221(by default 8 licenses) to give surveillance station licenses to a xpenology baremetal installation DS3622XS like in this video ?

19 hours ago, viktortrass said:

Hello, It is possible to use CMS on xpenology VM for DVA3221(by default 8 licenses) to give surveillance station licenses to a xpenology baremetal installation DS3622XS like in this video ?

I can confirm it is working good and now I have 10 licenses for use with face recognition.

Thankss

• 6 months later...

Run this script as root
touch /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/off.conf;
chown SurveillanceStation:SurveillanceStation /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/off.conf

Disable internet for Synology / Xpenology

Install a license C6Y33DM7PMGRRXT843QK

Turn internet back on

Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 12:02 PM, sania-owner said:

Run this script as root
touch /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/off.conf;
chown SurveillanceStation:SurveillanceStation /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/off.conf

Disable internet for Synology / Xpenology

Install a license C6Y33DM7PMGRRXT843QK

Turn internet back on

Enjoy

How to disable internet on synology Baremetal?

Trying with Firewall for synology (disabling IP adress with port) getting error message: Connection failed. Please check your network settings.