Jump to content
XPEnology Community

Surveillance Station License Mod?


Extremlym
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello i have 2 Synology one is  DS411+II INTEL Atom D525 and DS120j MARVELL Armada 3720 88F3720 i have 4 cameras and only 2 default license

 

any ideea how to modify the libssutils.so

 

i tryed using  WinSCP but i don't have permission to edit or rewrite the file .. i have all the permissions there  but don;t know

need help

DMS 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 / ss 8.2.8-6335  / DPv 5.8.1-3056

libssutils.so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Extremlym said:

i tryed using  WinSCP but i don't have permission to edit

 

maybe the just copy the file to a share the nas provides, login as admin by usins ssh with puty

type "sudo su" and hit return, that will result to work the same as root, now you can change permissions of a file and copy it where you need it

and mind the words you see when you do the sudo su the first time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/12/2022 at 5:51 PM, noosphere said:

Hi,

Any news abbout this? If i buy a original licence will work on Xpenology?

I don't think you'll find too many folks recommending to buy a license to apply on an xpenology install, as I think you have one shot with the license so if something "bad" happens you'll be sol. I also recall reading years ago, that you need legit SN\Mac. An alternative would be looking at using DVA3221 or DVA1622 loaders which include 8 camera licenses with surveillance station by default.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, merve04 said:

I don't think you'll find too many folks recommending to buy a license to apply on an xpenology install, as I think you have one shot with the license so if something "bad" happens you'll be sol. I also recall reading years ago, that you need legit SN\Mac. An alternative would be looking at using DVA3221 or DVA1622 loaders which include 8 camera licenses with surveillance station by default.

With DVA3221 and DVA1622 need SN/MAC original for activating Advanced Media Extensions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, apriliars3 said:

With DVA3221 and DVA1622 need SN/MAC original for activating Advanced Media Extensions.

Sure, I use plex to decode hvec files. I don’t use photo station, video station or really any other built in dsm apps to do media viewing, that’s what client pcs are for. One draw back may be if you wanted to use hvec compatible security cameras, imo storage space is cheap in the grand scheme of things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, noosphere said:

Hi,

Any news abbout this? If i buy a original licence will work on Xpenology?

 

It works, but you need a valid MAC & Serialnumber, which is not hard to find.

After that you can import original camera licenses.

 

Using since since half a year now on an older 6.2 install. Will migrate soon to 7.1

 

 

Edited by alex980
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

With DVA3221 loader, you have 8 camera available instead of 2.

unless you need more than 8 camera, no need to buy licences.

 

DVA3221 loader works without real NVIDIA GPU, you will not have AI feature without the GTX1650 NVIDIA GPU, but you will still have the 8 camera working normal like on a standard NAS.

 

If your host is powerfull enough to run Proxmox or VMWare ESXi, you can even run more than one loader VM instance and use CMS feature to have 8 x n instances running

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 5:28 AM, Orphée said:

With DVA3221 loader, you have 8 camera available instead of 2.

unless you need more than 8 camera, no need to buy licences.

 

DVA3221 loader works without real NVIDIA GPU, you will not have AI feature without the GTX1650 NVIDIA GPU, but you will still have the 8 camera working normal like on a standard NAS.

 

If your host is powerfull enough to run Proxmox or VMWare ESXi, you can even run more than one loader VM instance and use CMS feature to have 8 x n instances running

Dude, I never thought of that 😂 That's priceless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...