XPEnology Community

Latest version of XPEnology?

riahc3

I have to stick up for OP.

He was was asking specifically for XPEnology, not XPEnoboot.

I also see there is a new DSM version waiting to install but it doesnt work.

The last version is 5.2-5565 Update 1, that works.

If I understand correctly, there used to be a complete distro called "Xpenology," but for whatever reason, it is no longer released as such. Now we have Xpenoboot which allows us to boot the actual Synology distribution, thus negating the need for "xpenology" as a distro and relegating it to a definition of "A state of running Synology on 3rd party hardware with the assistance of a boot loader"

Thus, asking for the latest version of xpenology is basically asking what's the latest Synology vesrsion supported by the latest bootloader?

Semantics aside, I would like to see an up to date full distro that can support non-pc hardware and other devices.

As OP indicated, it seems the newest version is based on a much older DSM version.

If I understand correctly, there used to be a complete distro called "Xpenology," but for whatever reason, it is no longer released as such. Now we have Xpenoboot which allows us to boot the actual Synology distribution, thus negating the need for "xpenology" as a distro and relegating it to a definition of "A state of running Synology on 3rd party hardware with the assistance of a boot loader"

Thus, asking for the latest version of xpenology is basically asking what's the latest Synology vesrsion supported by the latest bootloader?

Semantics aside, I would like to see an up to date full distro that can support non-pc hardware and other devices.

As OP indicated, it seems the newest version is based on a much older DSM version.

XPenology is not a distro, but a project adapting Synology DSM to standard PC hardware. For this different bootloader were created to assist with different versions of DSM.

Latest version of bootloaders named Xpenoboot.

version 5.1-5055 is stable and well tested (recommended)

5.1-5055.1 (19/05/2015)

Made compatible with DSM 5.1-5055.

!! Important !! XPEnoboot 5.1-5055.1 only support DSM 5.1-5055 (DS3615xs)

Version 5.2 - 5565 is reported to mostly work, but also have some problems on different hardware and some features are missing/broken.

5.2-5565.2 (07-06-2015)