XPEnology Community

Removing disks when running Xpenology as a VM in Proxmox

dabs

Question

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade the drive I'm currently running proxmox off and at the same time make some changes to my storage pool (when I made it, I had no clue of how pools worked, and I created a Raid 0 pool, completely unneccessary for me). I have a drive which will fit all of my data on the NAS, and a m.2 ssd for proxmox. In fear of messing something up, I'm thinking of unplugging all the old drives, plug in the new m.2 ssd and the new hdd (for migration), reinstalling proxmox, creating a new xpenology vm (updated bootloader, etc.) and then shutting down to reinstall the old hdds.

Would this be possible, as in - could the new xpenology install read the old disks? If something goes wrong, will I be able to boot the old proxmox and xpenology VM and read the data off the old harddrives? Would I be better off migrating the data to the new hdd before doing the fresh install? Any advice would be appreciated :-)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet