XPEnology Community

How to stop Postgres on DSM 5.2?

Benoire

I need to do a manual expansion of my primary SHR-1 array as it won't fully expand from the GUI. I know that the only service using the volume is the database software postgres but unfortunately I cannot find any script to stop it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I need to do a manual expansion of my primary SHR-1 array as it won't fully expand from the GUI. I know that the only service using the volume is the database software postgres but unfortunately I cannot find any script to stop it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

If you are running docker containers on that volume, you will need to stop the contrainers before expanding.

I've fixed it now. syno_poweroff_task -d at the SSH prompt shuts down all services on the device except ssh allowing you to unmount the volume and do other things without having to manually shut down everything... Its a good command to remember! I've also fixed my other problem now, found it was a md 'partition' not being assigned to the lvm2 group for some reason.

su -l postgres -c "exec /usr/syno/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl stop -s -m fast"