XPEnology Community

Power off from the buttom

sraptor

Hmm, ok the final script it says it is running "/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh" consists of just two lines:

> cat /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh
#!/bin/sh

syno_poweroff_task -r
poweroff

What is the '-r' parameter to the syno_poweroff_task supposed to be doing?

Either it isn't supported, or it isn't documented:

> syno_poweroff_task -h
DS shutdown progress.

usage: syno_poweroff_task [OPTIONS]

-h            display this help
 -d            debug mode

If I ignore that first script call and manually run the "poweroff" command at a root SSH prompt then the hardware does power-off, so I'm guessing that the system is actually hanging on the "syno_poweroff_task -r" call...

I tried running with the debug option, but it didn't seem to tell me much:

> syno_poweroff_task -d
Killed by signal 15.

Thoughts anyone?

EDIT

Hmm - Ok it seems as if editing the powerbtn.sh script to comment out the two lines that are in it, and replace with a single line of:

#!/bin/sh
syno_poweroff_feasible_check

Makes everything work perfectly.

Not sure if this will also fix it for the people running the 5644 bootloader, might be worth a try?

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't work for me.

My problem couldn't me come this? :

acpid: can't open /proc/acpi/event: Device or resource busy (16)
acpid: cannot open input layer
inotify fd: 4
acpid: inotify_add_watch() failed: No such file or directory (2)
netlink opened successfully
acpid: starting up with netlink and the input layer
parsing conf file /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn-conf
acpid: 1 rule loaded
acpid: waiting for events: event logging is off

Device or resource busy -> do you know why?

Maybe because I have no button.ko in modules folders. (I'm on a N54l with 5644)

Edited by Guest

I just want to chime in ... thank GOD it's not on by default. My toddler son keeps pressing buttons on anything in the house and could easily turn off my server if it did work, LOL. I can safely watch TV and see him pressing away at the power button on my NAS and not worry about it cutting out.

I just want to chime in ... thank GOD it's not on by default. My toddler son keeps pressing buttons on anything in the house and could easily turn off my server if it did work, LOL. I can safely watch TV and see him pressing away at the power button on my NAS and not worry about it cutting out.

This is a safe power off button. It turns off the xpenology the proper way. Without this your toddler could turn off your server the hard way if he pressed the button long enough and that would be much worse with possible irreversible consequences.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to fix the power button on a N54L under 5644, but failed.

I've downloaded dilshodm files and made the relevant files executable (755). I also modified S10module_evdev.sh by editing 'MODULES_DIR="/lib/modules"' to 'MODULES_DIR="/lib/modules/"'. Then rebooting of course.

When I push power off button - nothing happens.

By running "acpid -d" after some seconds I loose SSH terminal, seems SSH service quits - machine is still running :???:.

But this command shuts down the machine manually:

syno_poweroff_feasible_check

My problem is that evdev.ko is not loaded, I cannot load it manually. I think this is the problem, but do not know to fix it.

My problem is that evdev.ko is not loaded, I cannot load it manually. I think this is the problem, but do not know to fix it.

Read below:

This is fix in dev release.

Just tested successfully poweroff from button on my bare-metal setup with DSM 5644 with script found here : memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6331

button.ko and evdev.ko will be added to the next boot-loader :wink:

• 5 weeks later...
This is fix in dev release.

Just tested successfully poweroff from button on my bare-metal setup with DSM 5644 with script found here : memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6331

button.ko and evdev.ko will be added to the next boot-loader :wink:

New Release is out now, thank you for this!

Does anybody know how to enable the Power-Button on a HP ProLiant MS Gen8 with the new release?

• 3 months later...

Thanks!

It work for me (shutdown take about one minute). I used files from rhplus post.

@Schmiddi1008: Did you set correct rights for the files (chmod 0755 ... for binary and sh[ell] scripts) and started S30acpid service / rebooted nas device?

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody!

I'm new here so, please be patient with me :wink:

I'm a new owner of HP Proliant MicroServer G8, and I had installed Xpenology on it with version 5967.1

I've problems with power button also

I had tried unpacking acpi-button-dsm5.2.tgz but when I press the power button nothing happens

In the 5967.1 version its possible?

Sorry for my poor english

bye

******* EDITED *********

SOLVED I have copied the scripts S10... and S30... to /etc.defaults/rc.d/ and now it's working for me.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I have tried this on my Setup running the latest version of DSM and it did not work.

On attempting to access DSM I had a strange page from synology saying "Sorry the page you are looking for is not available".

I also lost the ability to see my network shares as well via windows (I could map drives but not see them in windows explorer as I normally would which was weird).