XPEnology Community

Power off from the buttom

sraptor

I can confirm you that CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT=y is build in beta v3 et v4

And with that Kernel you really get no events in /proc/acpi/event by pressing the power button on bare metal installation?

I'm working on beta5, restart from scratch with config file from v1.0 and enable just the ACPI_PROC_EVENT. Boot, and insmod button.ko.

I got nothing (tail -f /proc/acpi/event nor cat /proc/acpi/event) when pressing power button while DSM is started :sad:

I'm working on beta5, restart from scratch with config file from v1.0 and enable just the ACPI_PROC_EVENT. Boot, and insmod button.ko.

I got nothing (tail -f /proc/acpi/event nor cat /proc/acpi/event) when pressing power button while DSM is started :sad:

Until this is not working we don't need to take care about the usermode program acpid (or busybox-acpid).

In DSM 4.3 v1.0 I've seen, that CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS is not configured. So, could please enable the follwing parameters:

CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS=y

CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT=y

CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER=y

Respectively please set the CONFIG_ACPI_* parameters to the same values as in the working DSM 4.2 Kernel.

Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

Until this is not working we don't need to take care about the usermode program acpid (or busybox-acpid).

In DSM 4.3 v1.0 I've seen, that CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS is not configured. So, could please enable the follwing parameters:

CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS=y

CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT=y

Respectively please set the CONFIG_ACPI_* parameters to the same values as in the working DSM 4.2 Kernel.

Thank you very much.

CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS and CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER are not enabled in 4.2.

Just rebuild kernel with these options enabled but still nothing...

What about the new implementation of acpi in /sys/ ? (CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT is deprecated)

• 3 weeks later...

CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS=y

CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT=y

Thank you very much.

CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS and CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER are not enabled in 4.2.

Just rebuild kernel with these options enabled but still nothing...

What about the new implementation of acpi in /sys/ ? (CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT is deprecated)

I build a acpid v2.0 from source for using new implementation of acpi, and it can start on DSM 4.3 but with logout as below:

#acpid -l -d -f

acpid: cannot open input layer

inotify fd: 4

acpid: inotify_add_watch() failed: No such file or directory (2)

netlink opened successfully

acpid: starting up with netlink and the input layer

parsing conf file /etc/acpi/events/anything

acpid: 1 rule loaded

acpid: waiting for events: event logging is on

It seems acpid can not open netlink input layer when using netlink and the input layer instead of deprecated /proc/acpi/event interface. I look into source code, acpid will try to open /dev/input/event*, and it seems missing from synology DSM. acpid also try to read event from /proc/acpi/event, but as mentioned previously, when press power button, there was no output in /proc/acpi/event. So power button can not work.

• 2 weeks later...

actually, i think the physical button should use "poweroff" or "shutdown -h now"

normally we can shutdown in the web interface, which regard as the safest shutdown

however when something happen and the web service and ssh/telnet service is closed, you 'll finded no way to shutdown properly (unless you plug a keyboard and blindtype your login password poweroff

actually, i think the physical button should use "poweroff" or "shutdown -h now"

normally we can shutdown in the web interface, which regard as the safest shutdown

however when something happen and the web service and ssh/telnet service is closed, you 'll finded no way to shutdown properly (unless you plug a keyboard and blindtype your login password poweroff

The shutdown script should be a follow:

syno_poweroff_task -r

poweroff

If you directly call poweroff, after reboot it will a notification for improper shutdown.

The shutdown script should be a follow:

syno_poweroff_task -r

poweroff

If you directly call poweroff, after reboot it will a notification for improper shutdown.

interesting. I had been using poweroff whenever shutdown from DSM hung, and sometimes if I was just in console and too lazy to open DSM. I never recall any improper shutdown notifications though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody

I tried to follow the solution given by darkest_star on page 1. (I'm using a HP n54L running on DSM 4.3 update4). But I stopper on step 4, because I can't find the "acpi" folder in /etc. (altough the guide indicated to copy a file in /etc/acpi/PWRF/

Anyone know what's going on ? what can I do ?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
I tested gnoBoot alpha 10.2 and DSM 4.3-3827, it can corretly handle acpi event and acpid v1.0/v2.0 both work fine.

Hi.

In files DSM_DS3612xs_3810.pat / 3827 / 4458 there is no module: button.ko.

Where it is possible to find it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has someone tested button on page 1 in Nanoboot 5.0.2.4?

ACPI should be included in 5.0.2.3 but button.ko isn't in lib/modules.

Who got it run? Need help

Button mod from first page is not working on 5.0.2.4 but IT IS working on 5.0.3.1!

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but for me it is not working in 5.0.3.1. I took the packages from the links suggested in the Howto guide: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3666

Neither the load of button.ko was included in /etc/rc nor the other stuff has been in place (S30 start/stop, busybox-copy, ...) So when I try to enable everything that is needed, I get an "acpid: applet not found" in case I try to start the daemon. So I assume there is no acpid-enabled busybox in this distribution.

Probably I've made a mistake, so correct me if I'm wrong. THanks in advance.

Sorry, but for me it is not working in 5.0.3.1. I took the packages from the links suggested in the Howto guide: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3666

Neither the load of button.ko was included in /etc/rc nor the other stuff has been in place (S30 start/stop, busybox-copy, ...) So when I try to enable everything that is needed, I get an "acpid: applet not found" in case I try to start the daemon. So I assume there is no acpid-enabled busybox in this distribution.

Probably I've made a mistake, so correct me if I'm wrong. THanks in advance.

Do not write what you have hardware - maybe you can have the BIOS turned off acpi ?

Do not write what you have hardware - maybe you can have the BIOS turned off acpi ?

Sorry, my fault:

- HP Gen7 N54L

- 16GB RAM

- 1*2TB (to be replaced by 4TB)+3*4TB Syno Array,

- ODD bay with "Sharkoon QuickPort intern multi" hotplug docking incl. 2*USB3 front panel ports

- NEC chipset based USB3 PCI Xe card with 19pin connector and 2 additional rear ports

ACPI is enabled in BIOS. But as I stated: For me it looks like nanoboot does not include the necessary acpi-enabled busybox, so the symlink to acpid does not lead to the expected result when starting the daemon.

Sorry, my fault:

- HP Gen7 N54L

- 16GB RAM

- 1*2TB (to be replaced by 4TB)+3*4TB Syno Array,

- ODD bay with "Sharkoon QuickPort intern multi" hotplug docking incl. 2*USB3 front panel ports

- NEC chipset based USB3 PCI Xe card with 19pin connector and 2 additional rear ports

ACPI is enabled in BIOS. But as I stated: For me it looks like nanoboot does not include the necessary acpi-enabled busybox, so the symlink to acpid does not lead to the expected result when starting the daemon.

Nanoboot 5.0.3.1 have acpi enable for 100% because it's work on my system :smile:

I use power button for on or off my nas so acpi works fine with last nanoboot.