XPEnology Community

We haven't had any complaints or reports of any of the Packages you mentioned above not working (at least not to my knowledge).

here is my complaint:

Systeminterner Dienst [synologrotate, pgsql, synoindexd] konnte nicht gestartet werden. Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Kundendienst, um Unterstützung zu erhalten.

If you feel that XPEnoboot (which I assume is what you mean by DSM 5592 in your post above) doesn't meet your standards then I invite you to find an alternative and wish you good luck.

your knowledge=0, XPEnoboot and DSM 5592 is two different things!

But no problem, I do not need both, I just wanted to test.

Then I wish you good luck, and please delete my account completely.

P.S. "We do this in our free time and provide the releases free of charge" - The only question is, can or do not know how

Payment does not matter!

clearly it is you that knows nothing about the system ... you DO need both for xpenology to work ... XPEnoboot is the bootloader that makes your hardware or vm look like a real Synology box, DSM is the synology OS which the xpenology team make no changes to. Neither of these suck. XPEnoboot is awesome and allows us to run DSM on lots of different hardware and DSM is probably the best NAS OS out there.

I have the utmost respect for the team and the work they do on XPEnoboot in their spare time and without getting paid for. I have 0 respect for idiots that update their system without proper checks and reading and then blame other people for their lack of knowledge.

Simple solution ... downgrade to update 1 or even better ... buy a real synology.

Hello, I own a Synology DS212+ and works fine, but I have recently decided to create a faster Synology box with XPEnology.

I am running it on an Lenovo Think Centre m93p

Specs on PC are

Processor type Intel Core i5-4570T

Processor speed 2900.0 MHz

Number of Cores 2.0

Graphics

Graphics Type Integrated

Primary Graphics Chipset Intel HD Graphics 4600

Storage

Drive 1 size 500.0 GB

Drive 1 type Hard Disk Drive

Drive 1 speed 7200.0 RPM

Ports and Connections

Available Interfaces •Audio - Microphone In (1/8

•DisplayPort

•USB 3.0

•VGA

Ethernet Type 10/100/1000 Mbps

Wireless connection

•802.11b

•802.11g

•802.11n

First of all thank you, I was able to get it running, first time install, but did the install 3 to 4 times over until I finally got the .5592 installed with update 2 with a modified serial number so I am able to use quickconnect etc.,, anyways I have Surveillance station installed, the exact same one with same licenses in my DS212+, everything runs, thing is, on my new install on XPEnology the package Surveillance fails after a few minutes or hours, the message I get when I launch it is "The Service is disabled now".

To get it back I need to stop the service and restart.

I also notice that Plex does not auto start on restart also Craftbukkit, I need to login and manually launch each package.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

I would like to know what I can do to have it not fail.

Again I am up to date with 5592 and update 2 and boot image 5592.2

many Thanks

Does anyone know what this mean's Never had any problems running 5565 Update 2 with the last XPEnoboot But 5592.1 I could at least get it to load once in awhile 5592.2 this is all I get,

SAM_0027.jpg

Sounds like you are trying to use the new 5592.2 boot image to boot into DSM 5565 update 2. We don't recommend doing this due to how we apply patches to DSM. I recommend that you either downgrade XPEnoboot to a 5565 build or upgrade your server to DSM 5592.

• 1 month later...