XPEnology Community

I'm confused about update 2.

http://www.xpenology.nl/installation-ds ... -update-2/

here I see the ususal update method, but here

http://xpenology.me/downloads/

we have a update2 .pat file, for manual install.

And I see that most people have issues with update 2, some apps not working, so until this is cleared up I'll stick to update 1.

But what is the correct way to install update 2 ?

I'm confused about update 2.

http://www.xpenology.nl/installation-ds ... -update-2/

here I see the ususal update method, but here

http://xpenology.me/downloads/

we have a update2 .pat file, for manual install.

And I see that most people have issues with update 2, some apps not working, so until this is cleared up I'll stick to update 1.

But what is the correct way to install update 2 ?

What are you confused about? Just wait for a new boot image... 5.2-5592.2.

succes

running under Proxmox

downloaded the 5592.1 iso from http://xpenology.me/downloads/ and uploaded it to proxmox

shutdown the virtual synology

replaced the 5565.2 iso in the virt CD player with the 5592.1 iso

rebooted the virt synology

the update to 5592 which is offered now works (unlike with the 5565.2 iso)

after reboot the virt synology finds 5592 patch 2

installed patch 2

after the auto reboot all works fine

Total elapsed time apx. 3 minutes

I'm a happy camper, thanks for another excellent piece of work folks!

succes

running under Proxmox

downloaded the 5592.1 iso from http://xpenology.me/downloads/ and uploaded it to proxmox

shutdown the virtual synology

replaced the 5565.2 iso in the virt CD player with the 5592.1 iso

rebooted the virt synology

the update to 5592 which is offered now works (unlike with the 5565.2 iso)

after reboot the virt synology finds 5592 patch 2

installed patch 2

after the auto reboot all works fine

Total elapsed time apx. 3 minutes

I'm a happy camper, thanks for another excellent piece of work folks!

I boot with 5592.1 iso? And then from update section in Xpenology, I update to 5592, 5592.1 and finally to 5592.2?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

What are you confused about? Just wait for a new boot image... 5.2-5592.2.

That guide is about installing update 2 on 5.2-5592.1 boot image.

It supposed to work with the same xpenoboot; usually minor updates don't need new boot image. It actually works, but some apps do not start/work properly.

Running on HP Microserver Gen8 Bare Metal (using MicroSD card internal)

I wrote the img file to the memory card as normal and used notepad to edit isolinux.cfg file. I had a couple of real Serial + Mac from real Synology boxes which are not used on the internet and could only find sn=B3J4N01003 mentioned 3 places in the file - replace this wit a real serial. Booted into upgrade mode, did the migration then updated to Update 2 missing out Update 1.

I have checked all the packages and services and everything appears to be running as normal, so maybe if they are checking Serial numbers with this update, it might be worth getting one from another source?

Download Station not working with this version. how to fix error download, help me?

i had this dude i deleted it an reinstalled and worked fine

also my docker containers were deleted i just had to select run on docker in package centre an they came back all working fine

[pgsql synoindexd,] failed to start.

Failed to start MariaDB with customized my.cnf, restart with default configuration.

PostgreSQL, MariaDB does not work have you tested it?

I dont use either of those products, so they have not been tested. I don't test for specific software or scenarios other than getting DSM running and being able to access partitions. The amount of testing would be too great if we were to try to test all the software and scenarios that people are using XPEnoboot for.

Download Station not working with this version. how to fix error download, help me?

I just experienced the same issue. Simply stopping and re-starting Download Station from Package Center fixed the problem for me.

Regarding Update 2: I have been running Update 2 since the day it was released and my server has been running smoothly. I do experience the same issue with certain Packages not starting automatically after reboot and needing a manual re-start. I have not changed the serial number that is used since I don't use any of the Syno Services.

I'm sorry, but this is just your humble opinion. Since when have you been forced using xpenoboot?

If you are so dependant on running these databases, go ahead and buy a real Syno. Last but not

least, please stop yelling and have a nice day.

Cheers,

Ole

ridiculous frog

let's see how you can: Audio, Video, Photo Station and media server install?

and to almost half of app does not start automatically

So: DSM 5592 is crap!

There will be a permanent fix coming in a new release.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5026&p=41484#p41464

Just to be clear that permanent fix will NOT be directly addressing issues with PostgreSQL or MariaDB. It will be addressing the issue regarding Packages not starting automatically. We haven't had any complaints or reports of any of the Packages you mentioned above not working (at least not to my knowledge).

To call the work we have done 'crap' is all well and good if you don't plan on using it anymore (or if you can produce a better solution), but its not a good way to get your problem solved. If you feel that XPEnoboot (which I assume is what you mean by DSM 5592 in your post above) doesn't meet your standards then I invite you to find an alternative and wish you good luck. As I've said in the past; this is not a full time job and doesn't keep the lights on for anyone on the team. We do this in our free time and provide the releases free of charge, I'm not sure how much better a deal you can get.

We haven't had any complaints or reports of any of the Packages you mentioned above not working (at least not to my knowledge).

here is my complaint:

Systeminterner Dienst [synologrotate, pgsql, synoindexd] konnte nicht gestartet werden. Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Kundendienst, um Unterstützung zu erhalten.

If you feel that XPEnoboot (which I assume is what you mean by DSM 5592 in your post above) doesn't meet your standards then I invite you to find an alternative and wish you good luck.

your knowledge=0, XPEnoboot and DSM 5592 is two different things!

But no problem, I do not need both, I just wanted to test.

Then I wish you good luck, and please delete my account completely.

P.S. "We do this in our free time and provide the releases free of charge" - The only question is, can or do not know how

Payment does not matter!

We haven't had any complaints or reports of any of the Packages you mentioned above not working (at least not to my knowledge).

here is my complaint:

Systeminterner Dienst [synologrotate, pgsql, synoindexd] konnte nicht gestartet werden. Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Kundendienst, um Unterstützung zu erhalten.

If you feel that XPEnoboot (which I assume is what you mean by DSM 5592 in your post above) doesn't meet your standards then I invite you to find an alternative and wish you good luck.

your knowledge=0, XPEnoboot and DSM 5592 is two different things!

But no problem, I do not need both, I just wanted to test.

Then I wish you good luck, and please delete my account completely.

P.S. "We do this in our free time and provide the releases free of charge" - The only question is, can or do not know how

Payment does not matter!

It's one the thing to not like a release for things that aren't working good enough, but there's no need to repeatedly complain on the forums, and piss off devs. Simply post once about your issues, and then alter what you are doing (another words stop updating to the latest version of DSM, if you have issues with the boot images).

I personally don't use 5.2 at all, since there seem to be many things broken if you look at dmesg, and my system works great on 5.1.

Hum Xpenology is for testing having fun I am not sur I would use it in a work place. So yes some time app does not work at the first time but this is for free, this for having fun and testting, sur maybe some time it frustrating. They work for free i think the only thing we can say is a big thank you first then ask some question and request after.

Something we can read some text that it mean something to you but we read it differently. so be patient and if someone ask you to elaborate does not mean you are dumb but that they want to be sure they understand.

Try to be friendly have a nice day :razz:

Jman, thanks for the hard work. Is there a donation link that is in English? The one on xpenology.nl is in some other language and I cannot figure out how to translate it.

Um, probably not... xpenology.nl was maintained by Poechi, who has recently left the team on good terms and with are no hard feelings. I think the only site that is currently maintained by an XPEnoboot team member is Sancome's (http://nanoboot.eu.org/), so that's your best bet if you want to make sure your money is going to the XPEnoboot team. I still need to discuss donations with our 'Release Partners' to figure out how everyone will be happy with how they are divided up.

Oh, and thanks! We do our best.