XPEnology Community

Unable to access shares after update 5.0 to 5.1

i did help him a bit the problem when he reboot is that there is no more Ip adress after rebooting

we try both thing stactic ip and DHCP IP

nothing

OK, when you say there is no more IP address do you mean the NAS no longer has an IP address?

Have you tried adding the IP address & servername to your hosts file in Windows/Drivers/etc

i did help him a bit the problem when he reboot is that there is no more Ip adress after rebooting

we try both thing stactic ip and DHCP IP

nothing

OK, when you say there is no more IP address do you mean the NAS no longer has an IP address?

Have you tried adding the IP address & servername to your hosts file in Windows/Drivers/etc

yes the nas as no more ip adress

Sorry for the lack of reply, very busy weekend and start to the week.

My resolution was to update to 5.2, but it was far from straightforward. When I updated to 5.2, it appeared to work fine, but as soon as I restarted the NAS, the NAS dropped completely from the network, with no IP or anything.

So I followed the following thread, in particular, this post - http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38545#p38545

It's now working, but I've not tried a reboot the NAS to see if the IP stays, as I don't have the time to tinker if it doesn't at the moment. So I'm going to keep checking in on that thread to see how things progress.

Appreciate the help from everyone, especially 'Thecapri'!

I also hope this helps others!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...