XPEnology Community

XPEnoboot DS3615xs 5.2-5565.2 fails on Dell T3500

elfaure

XPEnoboot DS3615xs 5.2-5565.2 fails on Dell T3500 (BIOS A17) w/ Intel RAID Controller: Intel® ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller on Win7 Pro. :mad:

I will try to update the Intel (Dell) storage driver next. But as of current:

Multiple "Failed" in red during boot

Leaves me at a login prompt but keyboard is frozen

Any advice??

Thks in advance :grin:

Note: I am not using RAID on this card, nor am I using AHCI. It is just being used as a regular HDD controller card. Also, how can I see all the boot loader errors. They zip by and go off the screen so fast I can't see what actually failed to load. Since my keyboard is frozen (KVM switch most likely) I can't scroll back up (if this is even possible) to see the errors. Please advise.

I have the very same issue! My Dell is 780 (bios A05) empty hdd. There are some failures I can't catch during install/upgrade process. After that I see the login prompt but keyboard is disconnected & not working anymore. Synology assistant can't find any server after that. Don't know what to do.

OH dear, I have exactly the same T3500 Dell, and using it as an ESXI server with intention to install xpenology as a VM.

Only difference is I have a Dell H700 Raid adapter which I intend to passthrough for the VM, and a Perc 6i as well instead of using the onboard Intel. Will feedback if I get it going.

I hear that using onboard HBA can be flaky