XPEnology Community

Trying to run DSM 6.2.3-25426 on a Gigabyte GA-J3455-D3H as DS918+

Jopa

Hi all,

and sorry, if this is not quite the right forum for the following - I just do not understand the forum categories no more... So, moderator(s), just feel free and move this at the right place.

Ok, what I want to do is what I wrote in the title, but even after I copied IG-88's latest extras and the rd.gz and zimage from DSM .pat to my USB boot stick, I still have >2 minutes start of DSM, changing from one (re)boot to the next by 20 to nearly 200 seconds after "upgrade" (from serial output) - and always ending with the message "tn40xx: Tehuti Network Driver..." although the GA-J3455N has double RTL8111.

All what I'd like to get is a so far calculatable reboot time of, say, 2 or 3 minutes,  and not 2 minutes one time and 5 minutes the next time.

Any hints available?

Best regards

2 hours ago, Jopa said:

"tn40xx: Tehuti Network Driver..."

that driver is just very talkative and tells about supported phy chips even when there is no hardware present, thats normal and not  a problem

2 hours ago, Jopa said:

All what I'd like to get is a so far calculatable reboot time of, say, 2 or 3 minutes,  and not 2 minutes one time and 5 minutes the next time.

some people use a smaller ssd as 1st drive so when dsm boots it uses one working disk with the system partition and if thats a ssd the boot will be faster

you could compare the timecodes in dmesg log to find out where the start process might be hold back, compare a 2min wit a longer and maybe you will see something

maybe disable ram compression in dsm?