XPEnology Community

LSI HDD controller Passthrough + v6.2.3-25426 update 3 = NO IP

hiyo

Hey Guys,

Wealth of information here. Been running fine with my setup until update 3. I am using hardware passthrough with my LSI card on ESXI 6.7. My setup no longer can be seen by Synology assistant and i can no longer ping my ip either. If i remove the LSI controller everything works again.  I am hoping there is a simple fix for this. Anyone experienced this and can shed some light?

I have noticed the 918 image + 1.04b loader works fine wth my setup, which leads me to my last question. Should I stick with 3617xs image to take better advantage of the 16gb+ memory, or does it matter if I moved over to the 918+ image? would I loose any performance etc. Thanks !

Loader version and model: Jun's Loader v1.03b DS3617XS

Using custom extra.lzma: No

Installation type: VM - ESXi 6.7 with FixSynoboot.sh installed) (16gb memory)

AMD RYZEN 5 3400g

Asrock b450M Pro 4 / LSI SAS9207-8i passthrough  / Mellanox Connectx-3 En Mcx311a-xcat 10 GbE card

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue. Here's how I fixed my VM back to update 2 if anyone's curious in response to a DM:

I did revert back to update 2 but it was a difficult process. The server was stuck in an endless recovery loop where I would be able to access the recovery menu after using a fresh synoboot.img but this was followed by the server being rebooted and then not registering an IP address. I managed to get to the DSM by choosing the "baremetal" option instead of the virtual machine option but only 2/4 HDDs on the HBA passthrough would register and my HDD RAID array showed up as "crashed".

I eventually managed to reinstall the update 2 DSM by disconnecting the HBA passthrough and the installing a fresh DSM on a virtual HDD. I then reconnected the HBA passthrough. After I booted into the DSM using the virtual HDD, I got the message that the DSM installs on my HBA passthrough HDDs were no good and was asked if I wanted to reinstall the DSM (using the one from the virtual HDD).; I chose yes. I then removed the virtual HDD and was then able to boot to DSM using my HBA passthroughs and update back up to update 2 after that.

I have the exact problem and I endup with rebuild with version 6.2.2-24922 now. 

Loader version and model: Jun's Loader v1.03b DS3617XS

Using custom extra.lzma: No

Installation type: VM - ESXi 6.7 with FixSynoboot.sh installed) (6gb memory)

Virtual NIC:  E1000e
Passthrough: Dell SAS 6Gbps HBA

Edited by dynaguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...