XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] Can't update from 5.1 to 5.2

holybabel

Hi everyone,

i try to upgrade from DSM 5.1-5022 Update 5 (Xpenoboot 5.1-5022.3) to DSM 5.2-5565 (Xpenoboot 5.2-5565.2), but everything i try, the boot image doesn't work. The boot process stops at random points and then my Intel SS-4200 makes a reboot. One time it got to the diskstation login but when i tried to make the update through the assistant the web page opens, but nothing happens. I already tried a new usb-stick and write the image again with win32diskimager, but everytime the same result. I downloaded the boot image several times. Tried to boot without usb keyboard an mouse.

Is there a way to log the boot process so i can see where the problem is?

What can i do?

Greetings holybabel

holybabel

Edited by Guest

No need for a mouse :wink: I had problems with 5.2

I downgraded to 5.0-4528 to get it working again then migrated to 5.1 again. (at this point do a backup of configuration )

Afterwards I upgraded to 5.2 using the version 2 of the 5.2 .IMG on my USB but chose clean install rather than migrate.

You loose ALL settings but data (files) are still all there, once working just restore your saved configuration :smile:

Now i upgraded to 5.1-5055.1

But the update to 5.2 still doesn't work. Xpenoboot (5.2-5565.1 or 5.2-5565.2) always stops at a random point and makes a restart

EDIT: Ok, found the problem. My graphics card seems to make problems. When i start the server without graphics card attached XPEnoboot 5.2 works without problems

EDIT2: Very strange, after installation the graphic card works again. Now i have working 5.2-5565.2 with graphic card :grin: