XPEnology Community

PCI-E Sata Card

Thecapri

Hello all,

Anyone know or as a model of a PCI-E Sata card that work on the latest version of XPEnologie

Need to add 2 more disk Drive to my home nase thank you.

I have try a HighPoint RocketRaid 620 when I boot I do see the drive but after that it not there.

So if anyone has a model that work please can you share the info?

Thank you.

I personally wouldn't buy anything but a LSI 9211-8i, or Dell Perc H310 from ebay from $50-$100. Just flash it with IT mode firmware and you're good to go. I'd avoid the ones from china though... as they are probably cheap clones.

So, how do you set these up? Do you make a raid in lsi during boot up? If so, how do you monitor for failed drives? On my new box I have 6 sata ports available but I also have dell perc 700 that is not utilized now, but my case is able to support 8 drives. thanks

Don't use the card as RAID, just set it up as is and xpenology will sort the rest out :smile:

NO way!! So I just need to clear any configs form raid card, plug in all hardware and synology does the rest??? Does it get any info from the card? Can you post a screen shot of of the info when you go to disks?

THanks

• 2 weeks later...
Don't use the card as RAID, just set it up as is and xpenology will sort the rest out :smile:

NO way!! So I just need to clear any configs form raid card, plug in all hardware and synology does the rest??? Does it get any info from the card? Can you post a screen shot of of the info when you go to disks?

THanks

This what you want?

server.jpg

hello

The syba work find for me.

I have a other one that have rocktraid chip that work and when i try a other bran with the rocketraid chipset does not work.

it is strange. if you need to see a list of compatible i went There i cannot tell if it is still up to date.

Hope that help.