XPEnology Community

xpenology vmware player

K1mer0

Hello guys, i´m trying to use the XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.3 in vmware player, and i can see in the log that "etho is not running", so when i try to use synology assistant, he does not find the synology in my network....do you have any idea what can i do?

thanks in advance,

I'm running under Win7. If I go into manage>virtual machine settings then double click the adapter and uncheck "connect at power on", I get your problem. When I check the box and restart the machine, it all works.

So, assuming that you have that option checked normally, my guess is that it is something to do with the binding of the virtual machine network adapter with your real one which would make it a VMware problem.

The other thing I just decided that I don't know, is how VMware handles the network adapter. It might be that your real machine has to have an adapter that xpenoboot supports.

yes, i have that option checked:(

you probably right, i have some problem with my network adapter...

my board is asus z77e-itx,

The exactly same thing happens if i try ubuntu in a vmware, "etho is not running"...

in windows the network adapter works fine....i have to wait for other ideas that can help me...:sad:

thanks