XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2.3-25426 update 2-the mac address is incorrect and the VMM cannot be used

askyz

Hello everyone,

I am building my NAS recently, and I have referenced a lot of IG-88 before that. Now, my NAS seems to be perfectly supported for the hardware part.

hardware list below:

CPU: i3-9100
Motherboard: TUF-B365M-PLUS-GAMING (1LAN i219-V) (6-SATA3 ports)
Memory: Kingston DDR4 2666 (8GB*2)
PCI-E x4: JMB585 (5-SATA3 ports)
PCI-E x4: Intel-I350T4v2 (4-LAN)
M2.NVME.SSD: WD NS750-256GB (cache)
SATA.SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (os and software)
SATA.HDD: Seagate 8*8TB (ST8000VN004 raid-5)
Driver extension jun 1.04b for DSM6.2.3 for 918+_25426 update 2 and extra918plus_v0.13.3 to replace extra.lzma/extra2.lzma

What settings did I modify?
1. I used a 16GB USB for booting and modified the vid and pid in the grub.cfg file.
2. And I also modified the SN and mac addresses in the grub.cfg file, because I have 2 network cards and 5 network ports, so I think I should do this, although 918+ only supports 2 network ports by default.
set mac1=XXXXXXXXXX7D // onboard network card i219v
set mac2=XXXXXXXXXXC0 // pci-e network card i350 T4v2
set mac3=XXXXXXXXXXC1
set mac4=XXXXXXXXXXC2
set mac5=XXXXXXXXXXC3
Here I fill in the real mac address on my network card. And the IP address can be scanned after booting.
3. I modified the synoinfo.conf in the /etc and /etc.default/
maxlanport="2" >maxlanport="5"
Add content:
eth3_mtu="1500"
eth3_wol_options="d"
eth4_mtu="1500"
eth4_wol_options="d"
eth5_mtu="1500"
eth5_wol_options="d"

4. In order to use the 918+ read cache, I replaced the libsynonvme.so.1 file in the /usr/lib64 directory
chown root:root libsynonvme.so.1
chmod 644 libsynonvme.so.1

Modify users and groups and file permissions to make it consistent with the source file

After I installed the DSM system, I encountered several strange problems.
1. Because I don't have a synology account, every time I install software such as plex, video station, photo station, audio station and etc, the browser will time out and ask to log in again.
2. I enabled bond technology on DSM, only using SLB. Because my switch does not support LACP, but the bond0 network card does not use my real mac address, bond0 should use the real mac address of eth0 under normal circumstances, and the current mac address is never set. I use the ifconfig command:
bond0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXX56 // not real mac ----used
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXC0 // real mac ----used
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXX56 // not real mac ----used
eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXC1 //real mac ----unused 
eth3 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXC2 //real mac ----unused
eth4 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXE1 //not real mac ----unused
As you can see, under normal circumstances, because I specified the real mac address in the grub.cfg file, after setting bond0 for eth0 and eth1, bond0 should use the mac address of eth0 or eth1, and the unused network port should be real mac address. just like below:
bond0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXX7D  // bond0 used
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXC0  //  i350-T4v2 used
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXX7D  // i219v used
eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXC1  //unused
eth3 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXC2 //unused
eth4 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXC3 //unused
But the current situation is that a wrong mac address appears after bond0, which causes the mac address of eth1 to be wrong, eth4 is an unused network port, and the mac address is also wrong.
3. Because the mac address inside DSM is inconsistent with that in the grub.cfg file, I tried to install the VMM software of DSM and enable the open-switch function, but when creating a virtual machine cluster, an error occurred. I searched a similar question from google, but did not find an accurate answer, so I guess it is related to the match of the mac address.

Attached is the /var/log/messages log, errors related to installing VMM and creating virtual machine clusters. I'm not sure I can find the answer, but I want to share it.

Sorry that my English is not very good and it is useful for translation software, but I hope to express my problem and the specific situation of my operation as much as possible.

messages.txt

Edited by askyz

Okay, now I think I know where the problem is. It seems to be in bond mode. I changed the current bond mode from the original SLB to the current active-standby mode. VMM works and can create virtual machine clusters normally.
However, there is still a strange problem. When network ports> 4, the 5th network port still cannot recognize the real mac address.

But it does not affect my use now, and I just updated 25426 update3, everything seems to be fine.
Both my read cache and hardware transcoding are available.